1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More hte fest from the Libs

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 1, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

They're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome with this continued false assertion about supporting the Democratic candidates. :laugh:

It's just grasping at straws for the right-wing; they know that Obama will defeat McCain and they can't stand it!

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Are not innocent children dieing with wrinkled stomachs while we stock pile food? How about the unnamed bullets or even unexploded ordinances that we leave scattered across the battlefield, do they now kill the innocent? How about when we take away a food stamp thinking the parents will be more responsible? What about child abuse and confused children having babies and placing them in microwave ovens?

There are other lives equally of value being lost so it's hard for me to focus exclusively on the unborn... Sorry, that's my view.

3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

For some stupid reason Planned Parenthood got the contracts for pregnancy testing and counseling from the government. Anytime a woman who is on MediCaid or other government program gets pregnant or thinks she may be pregnant, she must go thru Planned Parenthood. This is why they got the raise in federal funding. PP is also the leading organization that promotes and performs abortions. And I dont have a clue as to why it is set up this way.

I resent the fact that christian mothers who are on MediCaid but oppose abortion are forced to go thru PP.

I do wish Bush would have done something to correct this, but as I have said many times, I am NOT a Bush fan.

AJ

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've got that right. They are beginning to remind me of a class of two-year-olds having simultaneous temper tantrums. :laugh:

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Much of the sotries of these examples you give are exagerated much like the number of the poor. However, where you have failed to make the case is that only Obama will take care of issues such as these. So not having such a case and then supporting candidates who support the slaughter of innocent unborn children is problematic.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That makes two of us. But it further highlights how political promises and positions on issues are sometimes forgotten when the polls close. That is also part of the compromise we have to make.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

As are the exact number of abortions so we must stand on the principle that one is too many. Don't you agree?

Health care, ending the war and social programs a few of his positions. I believe if you take off your blinders you will see I did make my case.

8. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

That is weird....it put my name on Rev's post...LOL

Oh well, if I would have thought of it I would have posted the same thing anyway...

Preach on Rev!!!!

AJ

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No the number of abortions are not known to be exagerated by anyone.

Government is a poor way to handle these and can never bring resolution to it.

You quoted me but used another username.