1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More in heaven than hell...?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Carolyn Dee, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

Do you think there will be more people in heaven than hell (or vice versa)? Why or why not?

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I don't have a clue. Only God knows. We can't guess. It's fruitless to even speculate.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Jesus summed it up in "general" terms.

Broad/many = destruction
    Narrow/few = eternal life

My answer of "no way" to the more-in-heaven issue is based on that.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I know it's not really of any significance, as well as false doctrine, but I know a fellow that thinks he's proven that no one ever goes to hell and every body goes to Heaven, but that would make Jesus a liar and He's NOT, so the guy is simply a false prophet, (in a "Christian" forum at that!).

By the false prophet's view? Everybody goes to Heaven

By the view of God? Only those who accept His Sacrifice for sin go to Heaven. More don't than do, so hell has more of a populous in that respect, but maybe the "Passion" will help level the odds?

Sorry my "wit' took over again, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the movie has a positive effect!

I must add this though, and it's not false, everybody will go to Heaven at one time or another, but the second bunch doesn't stay there, they go to the lake for swimming lessons learning how to do the "broast-stroke" :(

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Many are called, but few are chosen.

6. kung_foo_christian

kung_foo_christian New Member

I think there'll be more in heaven.

Up to and around 25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and that's in developed countries, much higher in 3rd world countries.

Many of these, without the mother even being aware.

Many more fertilized eggs are lost when the mother is taking oral contraception. The fertilization takes place baby cant survive.

Then there's the millions being aborted every year.

Where do all these souls go?

Don't they go to Heaven?

I'd say that most of the souls in heaven belonged to people that never lived a second out of the womb.

-KFC

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

My understanding of oral contraceptives known to us all by the "pill", not this new stuff, only suspends the "egg" until the cycle causes it to be flushed from the system, you seem to have it fertilized when it never had that opportunity.

I understand your thinking and concur, but I believe we understand only the aspect of those who ever come to the age of accountability, IOW, those who are actually born, not aborted.

You did add something to the thinking about this subject. [​IMG]

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The great Baptist preacher, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, believed that more people will be in Heaven than in Hell on the basis that Christ is to have the preeminence in all things:

Col. 1:18 (KJV)
    And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Therefore, Spurgeon figured this meant that Christ would be more successful than Satan.

9. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Christ is more successful than satan if none were saved. Satan doesn't get a vote either way.

Maybe we could get Roy Moore's inerrant opinion?

10. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

Dr. Griffin said "broad/many = destruction" and "narrow/few = eternal life." I forget who postulated that this teaching is supposed to apply to those who get saved during this so-called "Age Of Grace." In other words, millions upon millions will get saved during the "Great Tribulation" because of the witness of the "144,000" during that time. I like to think there will be more in heaven than hell just to put Satan in his place.

On the remarks about the souls of all the dead young and aborted, that will probably be a stunning figure!

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This following Scripture is one of the favorites of the "Primitive Baptists"...

Revelation 7
    9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
    10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

No, I am a Regular Baptist.

HankD

12. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Hank, the number of redeemed will be great, but not as great. Otherwise Jesus didn't know what he was talking about.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be careful, Daniel, about making such statements. After all, if your opinion is incorrect about the numbers in Heaven and in Hell, well...just consider what I quoted from you and what that would mean you said about Jesus.

Tread carefully, my friend, tread carefully.

14. vaspers

vaspers New Member

I agree with Dr. Bob, the way to heaven is narrow and few there be that find it. Jesus already addressed this issue and settled it for us.

but, do babies that die automatically go to heaven. I had quite a debate going briefly at a Jesus chat room web site over this.

Some one said Heaven will be full of babies, due to "age of accountability" theory stating you go to heaven if you die when too young to decide to accept or reject Christ.

Dr. Bob...your help here please. Thanks.

15. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

KenH, I agreed with what Christ said about the way that leads to life having few that go there.

Now, perhaps you could let me know about your twist, errrrgggg, interpretation of what he said.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand DD. Personally I can't reconcile the Revelation passage with Jesus "Straight and Narrow" but that is because of my human limitations and not anything about Jesus.

HankD

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I passed along what Charles Haddon Spurgeon said and why he said it. If that is not enough for you, I'm sorry, but Brother Spurgeon is now with Jesus and we can't ask him about his statement.

18. vaspers

vaspers New Member