1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Junk!!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by preacher, Jan 30, 2006.

1. preacher

preacher New Member

This time it cost me...some gas to go pick it up. Won't be stripping this one though it has all the acrutements with it. Actually its older than the one I paid 2 bucks for but with a little tweaking it might be a fine extra puter. A lady gave it to us saying she took it in to have some work done & it came back with some memory missing. It did only have 24MB ram showing, I put in a 32 chip I had so it's a whopping 56 now. Its got a 3rd bank but one of the clips is broken so it won't stay in the slot. She said she was getting rid of it cause it was a turtle now. When I got it home I found the real culprits...she hadn't even run the defrag in 2,343 days. Over 6 yr's on a 6GB harddrive with Win98! I ran a disk check, defrag, cleaned out years worth of dust in the tower, put in the ram, & even dicovered another surprise. The processor showed as a 120Ghz, but someone had put in a 333 but didn't change it in the bios. The thing is faster than mine now! We even got an Epson printer with it! Anyway thats how I spent my Sat. while the board was down.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

WAY TO GO, Preacher! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of junk, I bought a media wireless adapter and found that few people were able to install it. Due to my router set up it definitely won't work on my system. Ah, the fun my children are going to have going through our house and garage when we kick off! Wife has a tin collection and due to shortage of space, she uses them for storage :D

The kids are going to kill us when we die!

4. preacher

preacher New Member

Actually you sound like me & Agee. We save just about everything. Thats what I like about Freecycle, it's a great place for Sanford & Son's!!!
    I DID let the Sun tower go though. After researching it more it wasn't worth fooling with.
    Although ti might have made a good play house for BH! She loves to be on my shoulder when I'm working on one of our computers.
    How BAD are we...I picked up 45 5gallon buckets last summer cause Agee said we could use them for something! At least we managed to give most of them away. I kept a few to keep scrap copper & aluminum in.
    Supposed to pick up an old camcorder sometime this week, soon as the lady finds the manual & power cord to it. She said it needs a battery, but thats what the NET is for!!