1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More of life!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by TomMann, Oct 13, 2008.

1. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Up this morning waiting for the Doctors office to open and see if they have gotten insurance approval for another chemo regimen. First posted a prayer request for this when diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer back in May 2005. At that time I had a 15% chance of lasting 3 years.... and now we are five months into the fourth year and still kicking. Around a year ago started feeling weak and short of breath and have been on one chemo or another since. It is not taking over but we can't seem to get rid of it either. This summer I was offered some clinical trials..... but they all read like a bad novel. Anyway, I have finallly decided to give up work and will start disability paperwork today. Just can't do a full days work anymore. I'm good in spurts but wear out too fast. Thanks for all the prayers past, present and future........ Tom

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Glad to hear that you have beat the odds. Nothing is too hard for our Lord. HERE is a 95-year-old who has beaten the odds too :thumbs:

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for your up-date and we will be praying for your health.
    May God help you as you use your talent(s) Whom the Giver of all good gifts has
    bestowed upon you.
    May the Lord bless you and meet all of your needs.
    Praying that you will be able to soon get disability coverage so you can be free
    to do what you would like to do for the Lord.

And with some extra free time maybe you can catch the big fish that you have
    been wanting to catch but have not had the time to do it.:thumbs:

I enjoyed the verse you have for your signature:

Isa.55:11 "So shall my word that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return
    unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall
    prosper in the thing whereto I send it."

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will continue to pray for you as you make decisions that you probably don't like having to make,..... that God will be gracious...

5. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

I know very well the effects of cancer. May God strengthen your Body, Mind, and Spirit, and also of those who are your loved ones.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that God will be
    with you as this time.

7. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Postponed start of treatment until today. Had a wedding to attend and didn't want to be the only one in the grooms party throwing up. Kicker is I still wasn't up to it and didn't make the wedding. Filed my Social Security application online and hit the send button on Monday afternoon. Had a call the next morning saying my application was received and they needed my birth certificate, DD 214, and medical release form to start processing. Letter came on Friday acknowledging submission of package. Filed the paperwork for Postal Service Disability this morning prior to going for chemo. Social Security won't srart until April 09 but I will get 60% of the average high three years of salary for a year from the post office..... minus what social security pays so it will be the same reguardless. Now, it is figguring out where to go from here and what to do that brings glory to the Lord...... Last day worked was 10/10/08. Despite my inabilities and failings.... The Lord remains a faithful provider..... Tom

8. Beth

Beth New Member

Praying for you

I'm praying for you, Tom, looking that the Lord will be glorified in you!