1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured More on Chrislam!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

2. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

the silence of pastor Rick on this topic is speaking loudly!

he HAS to realise ONLY real peace is thru Jesus Christ!

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

4. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If the shoe fits...

Spreading lies about someone isn't hate? Scouring the internet to dig up dirt is done out of love? The comments I've read here and arround the web from professing believers are sickening and hateful! Of course when someone stands up for someone God is using to reach many we are labeled Warren Worshippers...a hate filled comment in itself. The people on these threads should be ashamed of themselves!

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

We are called to preach jesus unto the Muslims, but NOT to givr the appearance they worship same God, having a true religion!

hating them would be ackowledging they have real God and a real religion!

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What incoherent babble! Did you not read the article? The "appearance" was a LIE! Warren never said or alluded to any of this bunk!

Righteousdude, Alive In Christ, Sola Saint, Mont, Oldtimer...are you all going to be as proud as DaChaser...or are you going to man up in a spiritual sense and repent?

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I Erred, I Am Sorry...

Emphasis mine!

However, at this moment in time, I am willing to wait and see if this is simply a well paid "spin-doctors" work at saving the mega-minister's ministry and pay check.

I will recant, WD, when the media sources that printed the stories, as factual, post something to make amends for their poor reporting.

Warren is good (and has the money to pay good people for good PR) at what he does, and slipping out of this slippery situations, is what people of his stature do well!

Time will tell, and if, in fact, this story dies a natural death, in the coming months or years, I will be willing to issue an apology, saying I'm wrong. Until then, his cozy, kumbya moment with neighboring Muslims continues to look, smell, quack, and walk like a duck, and if the egg he's laid hatches and goes away; you will see me say I'm wrong!

To submit to your proof of wrong doing would be as much of a knee-jerk reaction as what you are accusing all of those in your post of doing! :type:

9. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Emphasis mine.

Yes, I read the article. It raised more questions about Warren than I had before I read it. In my prior post, I didn't express an opinion about Warren, just pointed out dates of activities.

Now, in your opinion, I should repent (ie agree with you) and ignore material differences in opinions of others.

I don't think so.

Until other opinions are proven to be incorrect each one carries equal weight (value). Learned a long time ago that because John Doe said so, doesn't mean his statements are valid.

First, when anyone in a debate has to resort to words, such as, "incoherent", "babble", "LIE", "bunk", and
    instead of well thought out and stated rebuttal, gives me considerable reason to pause. Can the debater, really back up his or her claims? Or, is he or she resorting to juvenile behavior? (definition:http://www.answers.com/topic/juvenile )

Your tactics may have an unintended result. :) There are a couple of books by Warren in our church library. Plus, I'll spend some time exploring his website and digging out TRUTH, as the Holy Spirit leads me. Starting point will be with observations by one of comments posted in response to the article you cited.

Then, I'll post an opinion about Rick Warren, as the Lord leads me. Are you really sure, the Lord will lead me to agree with your viewpoint? If so, why?

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Juvenile? :laugh: Ok...turning this back on me is as juvenile as one can get. I get it though, it's much easier to pile on with the crowd than stand out from it. Good luck in your venture for "truth"...oh...and I never gave my "viewpoint", I just get sick of seeing this kind of ungodly behavior here on the BB. It's becoming more rampant, and I'm seriously considering leaving and never coming back.

11. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I have nothing to repent of. A statement made by Rick Warren denying the allegation is not proof that he is not guilty. Warren has invited mystics to teach in his church. His P.E.A.C.E program is nothing more than a veiled push for globalism. A few years ago he had a prime time slot for a Christmas special. His point in that hour was that Jesus came so we would not be lonely. No sin, no need for a savior, no Gospel.

He preaches a feel good message and has for years. He is a purveyor of Christian-ized self help nonsense.

I don't hate him. I pray for him and the people he is leading to hell.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and another one is chalked up to pride.

Next!

13. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Nope, just another student of the Word who understands the times. But, thanks for thinking so lowly of me, but please stop before I do end up with a pride problem.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"understanding the times" has nothing to do with public slander...but nice try!

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What coffin, what smoke, what flame? What are you asserting?

I'm pretty much neutral on Rick Warren. I admit I don't know much about the man or his ministry. But what we have here is a person, Jan Markell, who made a statement about Rick Warren--that he has a directive at his church not to evangelize Muslims--that appears to be a flat-out falsehood.

Why are so many Christians so quick to criticize other Christians?

16. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Checking out what people are teaching and warning others is not slander. However, webdog, you may want to look up the meaning of hypocrite.

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a summary of the articles posted in this thread. It seems odd that no one actually reads them, or if they do, they are ignoring them.

First article:
    Jan Markell, who has a radio show titled "Understanding the Times" says it's a tragedy that mega-church pastor Rick Warren appears to be ignoring the Great Commission as he reaches out to Muslims in southern California. She wonders how the Christian leader can overlook the Great Commission.

Second article:
    QUESTION: A recent newspaper article claimed you believe Christians and Muslims worship the same God, that you are "in partnership" with a mosque, and that you both agreed to "not evangelize each other." You immediately posted a brief refutation online. Can you expand on that?

WARREN: Sure. All three of those statements are flat out wrong. Those statements were made by a reporter, not by me. I did not say them ... I do not believe them... I completely disagree with them ...as both an Evangelical and as an evangelist, anyone who knows me and my 40 year track record of ministry knows that I would never agree to "not evangelizing" anyone! I am commanded by my Savior to share the Good News with all people everywhere, all the time, in every way possible!
    ---------------
    So you have one person claiming that a Christian leader is ignoring the Great Commission and you have the accused emphatically denying he ignores it. So who's lying?

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you give an example of that? If I remember right Spurgeon was named as a Christian mystic.

Can you give an example?

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have, it comes after "bearer of false witness"

20. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Actually, IF there was any 'false witness" going on here, it would be between pastor Rick and his staff, as they are contridicting each other!

And there does still seem to "some type' of problem in that Pastor Rick seems not to have repentance addressed, not not firm with other faiths in them NOT being false!