1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More on the idea of libertarians voting for Senator Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Feb 27, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Editorial writer Steve Greenhut told Flanders he thought he was really making an argument for not voting. Not true, Flanders said, and then he did it. He said the words, "Barack Obama." As in, that's who any true freedom-lover should vote for.

At that moment, I thought the wailing ghost of R.C. Hoiles would burst through the ceiling and the floor beneath us would split into a ragged, cleaving maw we'd all tumble into – swallowed whole by the earth. Better no company at all than one whose CEO supports a Democrat for president.

But there was a hush as Flanders reasoned that Obama is the best candidate to work on four top libertarian reforms: 1) Iraq withdrawal, 2) restoring the separation of church and state; 3) easing off victimless crimes such as drug use; 4) curtailing the Patriot Act."

- more at www.ocregister.com/column/libertarian-flanders-machan-1988123-debate-ceo

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Is there a marriage of church and state I haven't heard about? I know Obama and the UCC are under investigation for a speech he delievered where his campaign staff and the UCC organizers allegedly broke federal law.

Just because Obama might have those in common with liberterians doesn't answer why a Liberterian would support a man who wants to put troops in Palestine, Darfur; establish a new form of a corporate patriot act; intrude on the free market, etc. Obama is as Big Brother as they come. I like some aspects of his foreign policy, his eloquence, his personality, but I just can't go along with someone who wants to take W's big government and add Miracle Grow to it.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may not understand it, TomVols, but, the Lord willing, this will be an Obamatarian vote for Senator Obama in the general election this fall.