1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More People in Heaven Than in Hell

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by KenH, Aug 15, 2002.

1. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Then you don't agree with Ray when he states that only a minority of people will be saved?

Ken
    A Spurgeonite
    </font>[/QUOTE]If anything, I would lean towards his interpretation, since "few are chosen" to the comparative "many." This is the only comparison I can find about numbers of the godly and ungodly.

However, one passage doesn't push me 100% in that direction. I would prefer to remain neutral now that I've thought about it. (I still maintain that the number is up to humans choosing God, not a foreordained number!)

SEC

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you Swiss? [​IMG]

Ken

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scott Emerson said:
    ... but Scott what are you going to do with this scripture?

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified... Still all of God!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

4. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Look at the whom as a group - just as the whom in the OT referred to the nation of Israel, not the specific individuals. I believe that Romans 9-11 back me up on that, reading all three chapters as one continuous argument.

5. Sovereign Grace

Sovereign Grace New Member

I don't know how many are going to be in heaven, and I don't know how many are going to be in hell. All I know is that Jesus was satisfied at Calvary, and is going to be satisfied throughout all eternity! The pleasure of the Lord prospered in His hand, and it pleased God to bruise our Lord Jesus Christ! (Isa. 53:10, 11) Thank God for mercy!

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

The Bible says that 'Hell hath enlarged itself;' it does not say 'Heaven enlarged itself.' Wisdom from the Word.

7. Dualhunter

Dualhunter New Member

Heaven is already big enough for God though so it doesn't need to be enlarged. ;)

8. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Dualhunter,

I thought we were taught that God is everywhere; omnipresent, and not just in Heaven.

9. Dualhunter

Dualhunter New Member

Notice the smiley in my previous post. The possibility is not ruled out though even if it isn't certain either.

10. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Okay, no scripture here, but . . .

I have read some scientific research (second hand out of Time that is) that so many things can and do go wrong during the first couple of days of conception that most sperm and egg combos don't even make it to attach themselves to the wall. The estimate of the researchers at hand was that only one in ten concienved zygotts (I don't know the exact term) actually make it into full term labor. This "children" are never even known about since it happens it just a couple of hours and the women are completely unware. Ero

if all sperm and egg combos constitiute a baby (as argued on "Is abortion murder" above) and all babies go to heaven (as accepted by NEARLY all of Christiandom) then there should be at LEAST ten times as many in heaven then in hell. Let's be more conservative and say it is actually one in two that continue into full time. Then still, there is at least MORE in heaven then in hell, one half plus those miscarried and aborted plus those who died very young plus those who come to trust in Jesus vs those who grow up but don't trust in Jesus.

Indeed, its going to be crowded!

11. Dualhunter

Dualhunter New Member

Nah, God in His omniscience made heaven big enough to fit everybody. ;)