1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mormons

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Raziel, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Raziel

Raziel New Member

My coworker is a mormon and I have had trouble talking to him, it seems like he wants to change and needs to hear the right words. I would like to have some sugestions please.

2. servant-96

servant-96 New Member

I have learned from the past, that your not going to get anywhere with them if you point out all their errors. The Lord has shown me to tell them what thus saith the Lord, and show them in the Bible their need of a Savior, which only comes by faith, not works. Faith in the Gospel.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

thanks for the site.

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

No worries!

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I deal with a lot of Mormons and others in cults.

In my experience, the most important thing you can do is to keep the conversation focused on the person and work of Jesus Christ.

The biggest mistake people make when talking to Mormons is to get caught up in tangental things such as the shootout at the Carthage Jail, the Mountain Meadows Massacre, blacks and the priesthood, etc.

This is a fatal mistake when talking to Mormons.

There's plenty of time to get into those things later but for now, just try to keep it as close to the cross as you can.

7. I agree,

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. It is best to stay away with the ananthemas and just talk about the saving grace of the Lord. He or she will eventually start asking questions about your differences, and then they can be approached. Personal prayer is always good too.

Pax Christi,

Stephen

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

9. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen! Amen! Amen!

[​IMG]

10. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

Just take him to a baptist church, he wont be able to resist. lol. They all have good suggestions take them, all that matters in the begining is that he becomes saved all the stuff between denomonations can be solved later. but when u get to that point just point out what the bible says. Thats the only gudeline that you can be shure is right. Beside God talking to u, but that doesent happen too often.

11. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Gods simple plan of salvation
    http://www.godssimpleplan.org/gsps-english.html

1. All have sinned.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

2. The penalty (punishment) for sin is death.

Romans 6:23a "For the wages of sin is death..."

Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"

3. Christ died in our place for sin.

Romans 6:23b "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

4. We must receive His free gift of salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salvation cannot be obtained through works. We cannot do anything to save ourselves. It is a gift from a holy, righteous, almighty God, a gift that each one of us must receive by the grace of God through faith.

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

Titus 3:5-7 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,