1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Most ignored verse in Bible

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by loDebar, Mar 22, 2019.

1. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said: Jhn 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

This is the most ignored substantial verse of scripture. We do not recognize the significance of the verse in regards to doctrine.

Along with supportive verses, All judgment is given to the Son. Jesus said He does not judge man .We have to accept man is not been judge somehow, yet is condemned already.
    Jhn 3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If not condemned as a man, we cannot blame Adam, Along with Ezekiel 18 20 , sin is a individual responability.

If condemned not as a man, what state were we when he were condemned? Since we are obliviously "mankind" when we are born, we could not have been judged or condemned in physical life.

We know Adam's sin affected the physical but could not, did not change our status since were were already condemned, The curse is on the physical.

Acceptance of this verse as key point should change doctrine. Why is it dominate to teach it improperly?

Satan wants us to shift blame from in from ourselves to anyone Adam and ultimately God.

Humanity is not the falling into sin but the method for sinner to be redeemed from a sinful state.

Rejecting this verse is Humanism, placing undue importance on the human condition over the spiritual

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not an ignored verse. But it doesn't mean what you are saying. Jesus said he was not here to judge during his earthly ministry. This has no impact on the future judgement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    how was Adam condemned then?

4. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does that have any bearing on Adam?

5. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was he not condemned as a sinner?

6. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but what does that have to do with John?

7. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    who condemned Adam?

8. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep in mind the circumstances Jesus said that. The Pharisees bring a woman caught in adultery and the Pharisees test Jesus saying,

"They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?"

So they ask Jesus again and he ignores them and writes on the ground.
    They he stands up and says, "he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

And then ignores them even more and writes on the ground again.

Then her accusers left and Jesus neither condemns her.

Then Jesus goes on to say he is the light of the world and those who follow him would not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The Pharisees accuse Jesus of bearing record of himself and Jesus affirms his testimony. Jesus said, "Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man" and affirms that he does bear record of himself and that his record is true: The part I believe that got under the Pharisees skin is when Jesus said, (as he often said) "I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go."

So the comment Jesus made, "Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man" was directed toward the Pharisees for judging his divine authenticity and their inability to understand that he came from the Father and will return to the Father.

So I don't see this as a neglected verse. However, I would say Luke 6:37 is a neglected verse.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

9. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ramifications of I judge no man is greater the company present. at the conversation.
    Was His words limited in some way? Did He exclude certain men ? or time? No ,He says judgement or condemnation does not occur as a human. We are condemned already and Jesus does not need to condemn those already condemned
    Jhn 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    He came to save those already condemned

The "judge not" verse is great because we should not judge because we have been judged or condemned already.

It is like inmates arguing who is better when they are all guilty

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 3:17 affirms what I was saying. It was talking about His earthly ministry, not future judgment.

11. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam would be in the past.
    How is Adam condemned? you quote the verses, Do you have an answer or do you believe Adam was not condemned?

Jesus was also speaking of the future judgement , We will not be judged as a man, or flesh and blood

12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are all condemned without Christ. But I don't understand why you are trying to bring Adam into the discussion of this verse.

• Like Like x 1
  13. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was a man. Jesus said He did not judge men, or flesh and blood, So Adam had to be condemned without being a man. Same as you? How are you condemned, yet a man ,that Jesus said He would not judge, or condemn.
    Get it, what were you when you were condemned ?

perhaps Jesus did not do it?

14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, context. He is speaking about his time here on earth. He will judge just not at that time.

15. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check the context, He is not speaking that way. He is comparing to the Pharisees judgment of outward appearance verses His judgment of the heart. The is no time involved.

Jhn 8:15
    Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man

[​IMG] Jhn 5:21
    For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
    Jhn 5:22
    For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Jhn 12:46
    I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
    Jhn 12:47
    And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

How is Adam condemned?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The subject is about Judgement and condemnation. Simple question. How is Adam condemned? I'd like to know the answer to that my self. We can't say Adam didn't believe in God ,it's very apparent that he did.
    MB

17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was condemned because he broke God's law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you any scripture that explicitly says so? If not how do you know Adam was in fact condemned ?
    MB

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the day that you eat it you will surely die.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when we are saved and sin we are then condemned too? I figure Adam though he sinned, he did after all believe in God. I've just never heard of such a thing as a condemned believer. You said in your next statement. "in the day that you eat it you will surely die." Are you saying that Adam then lost his Salvation? Spiritually or Physically?.
    MB

#20 MB, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019