1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Most pressing problem for Churches?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 12strings, Oct 2, 2012.

?
  1. Calvinism

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Arminianism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Adultery and/or Divorce

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Growing acceptance of homosexuality

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Poor preaching

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. ineffective outreach

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Other (see my post)

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. 12strings

12strings Active Member

What, in your opinion, is the issue that is, or will in the near future cause the most trouble, difficulty, negative effects in Baptist churches?

NOTE: I have purposely NOT included such answers as: SIN, or NO GOSPEL, because while these ARE the root issues of any problem, I want to see what more specific issues we feel are facing us today.

I am hoping in my heart of hearts that no one will say calvinism or arminianism...but if you really feel that one of these IS the biggest problem in the church, please answer honestly.

#1 12strings, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
    3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.
    7 And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    9 And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down out of heaven, and devoured them. Rev 20

I believe Satan has been loosed, and the camp of the saints, the beloved city is being methodically encircled/compassed now. Too many things going on outside our control.

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I voted for "poor preaching". I would define that as the failure of preachers to boldly and faithfully preach the whole counsel of God's Word. A correction on this front will address the important issues of homosexuality, Arminianism, prosperity gospel, and other false teachings.

However, it is a sign of the times as we were told that people would no longer listen to sound doctrine instead desiring to have their ears tickled they will only support people who stroke their ego and tell them what they want to hear.

4. awaken

awaken Active Member

I believe disunity and lack of faith!

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree to a point but disunity is usually the symptom not the problem.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    discipleship.......................

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Discipleship...or disciple-making.

Thus the results are division, immaturity, weak theology, historical myopia, western exceptionalism, etc etc etc.

8. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think much of this is because there is no real gospel presentation that calls sinners to repentance and discipleship. Instead, "another gospel" would tell us that one can be a convert but not a disciple. Thus you have much of the "lukewarm" churches in the states. I am sickened by much of what American Christianity has become. And I am speaking as an outsider's perspective as well as a former insider.

Not enough foolishness and scandal in the gospel presentation. Too much compact, quick, and convenient presentations. Its another gospel which is no gospel at all.

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

I will also add that most churches have a FORM of godliness...but denies the power thereof! :thumbs:

10. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I would say two things: lack of expository preaching; lack of true discipleship.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Group turkey shoot.....Christians, get out your collective shotguns & hit old Lucifer with both barrels. Pumps welcome to.:smilewinkgrin:

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent points....:thumbs:

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My nap time is generally on Sunday...starting at 11AM. IE I agree :thumbs:

14. awaken

awaken Active Member

You can have the best preaching/teaching speakers. Ministries in every area...but without the presence of the Holy Spirit...nothing will happen.
    No, repentance! No deliverances from the bounds of satan! etc...It is the Holy Spirit that Convicts, regenerates, indwells, seals, baptizes, fills empowers, leads..and administers the gifts to the believer.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True! so your saying they are not spirit filled. so how do they get that way? ....you might be starting a revival you know.:thumbs:

16. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Did someone say "turkey shoot"?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats right dead eye & I love turkey, pheasant, Quail & woodcock hunting. :love2:

18. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The churches as a whole are unable to decide whether they really are the body of Jesus Christ and should come out of Babylon or just stay in and partake of her sins!

19. awaken

awaken Active Member

We can start by falling in love with Jesus! We have left our first love...
    Seeking His presence!

20. awaken

awaken Active Member

Very True! When we realize who we are in Christ....as a body get up under the authority of the Head (Jesus)....get in line with what He wants to do instead of our own agenda....