1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

movies

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by mcdirector, Dec 28, 2010.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

With the snow falling like we lived in the North, we were limited in places to go. The movies were still open though and we managed to see two.

Movie one was True Grit. I was surprised it was as good as it was. I really liked the first one and didn't think this one could compare. It did quite nicely.

Trailer

Movie two was Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was good too but a little long in places. The kid who played Eustace had him pegged!

Trailer

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I saw True Grit last Thursday. It is very good. I have read that it is closer to the novel by Charles Portis(born in the city we live in, by the way) than the first movie.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ken H- I like your avatar, though after monday's match I suppose I should be a bit resentful.:laugh: I confess I have a preference for Chelsea.:thumbsup::laugh:

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, actually, my first preference is Wolves but they appear headed for relegation. So among the "big boys" I prefer the Gunners. :)

Did you catch the Birmingham City-Man United match yesteday? I didn't think Birmingham would generate the sufficient attack to even the match but they did - barely before stoppage time.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can sympathize with you there. The last couple years when Hull was in the Premiership I was secretly pulling for them. I just liked their boss, Phil Brown. Suprised they were able to hang on for two years before being relegated.

Didn't see that game. Though I pull for Chelsea, I do enjoy watching MU matches, especially. I think they're one of the most entertaining clubs in pro soccer.

...Now if Rooney could only score!:thumbs: