1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MP3 Recorders

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Jeff Weaver, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Hi folks

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for a novice at recording MP3s. Specificially looking for a recorder and software that will allow me to record some hymns for putting on one of my websites. Price matters, so way expensive systems are out.

Jeff.

2. Pete

Pete New Member

Jeff, depends on what sort of gear you already have and what you are trying to record. If you have a mixer then you could plug microphones/instruments/whatever into that and run a lead from it's out jacks to computer audio in, and use the freeware program audacity to record.

3. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Pete

Thanks. I am starting from scratch. Never done this before either. I am being brave.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

hmmmmm.....

Could just try a small microphone in to computer to start with and see if it's quality is good enough for what you want out of it.

A few years ago I tortured 26 unsuspecting hymns on guitar, with a lead from amp output plugged into cd recorder. Certainly not a professional sound, but other people have been happy enough with the result.