1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr. President, I Truly Apologize!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 29, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was caught up in the post about Obama not planning to visit Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day.

For whatever reason, I was under the impression that this was something EVERY POTUS does every year!

However, since this post came out, I've heard on several networks, including Fox, that Obama will not be the first POTUS not to visit Arlington on Memorial Day. While Clinton never missed a visit, George HW Bush never went. And his son only started visiting Arlington from 2003 through the end of his second term.

I also discovered that while Obama is not going to Arlington, he is going to the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Chicago on Memorial Day, and sending Joe Biden to Arlington.

I have been enlightened, and owe Obama an apology for thinking ill of his decision to not visit Arlington tomorrow.

It shouldn't matter where he goes on Memorial Day, just as long as he makes a visit to HONOR those who have died to keep this nation free and strong.

Mr. President, I humbly apologize to you, and in fact praise your decision to visit another cemetery where many thousands of veterans are buried in honor to their country.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thank you for your honesty.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD2, I felt much like you until someone on the other thread indicated that other POTUS often had the Veep step in at Arlington.

I tend to think it is often a D vs R mentality. Lets make sure we understand all three sides of a story before we make a judgment. Another words, conservatives do not have to bash Obama for everything he does, and liberals should not blindly accept and believe everything from the messiah.

Lets just all get along:thumbs:

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Not only the vice-president but a couple of other officials have also done so. And I don't think that the custom is all that old anyway. Eisenhower maybe - off to church so don't have time to google it now.

This haste to be critical, IMHO, hurts our testimony and credibility. I appreciate those who are willing to admit it. This is the only way to maintain that credibility.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True - so very true