1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Multiple function multi-tools

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Gib, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

I recently had my early 90's Gerber multi-tool stolen out of my office. You don't know how much you miss it until it's not there. It was a general purpose tool with a knife, file, saw, phillips, regular, pliers, and a few other things on it. Anywho, I'm looking to replace it and wanted to know what you folks are using. So -

What you got, how often do you use it and what do you use it for?

• Like Like x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah Gib, you shoulda been wearing it in a belt pouch. You'd still have it if you did. I've been a walking tool box most my life (my lifestyle has required me to have these things on my person). I recently broke the blade in my Leatherman and have resumed carrying my Swiss Craftsmen (I've literally worn out at least three Swiss Army knives over the decades and always upgrade to a bigger model) until I come across something that appeals to me (so I've kinda sorta got my eye out for something too). I also carry a serrated Syderco (second one and also upgraded to a larger one) clipped to one pants pocket and a razor sharp straight edged Ka-Bar clipped to the other, not to mention the mini-Swiss attached to my key chain that is equipped with an ink pen that I've used extensively. :)

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

My daily used to be either a Gerber ultralight or a Craftsman 3 blade pocket knife. I don't carry anything on my person these days, but keep that old ultralight in my murse. I've gone through a couple of swiss mini's. I always lose the detachables and eventually the knife itself. I've got my dad's Barlow he had as a teen. He either gave it to me his or I confiscated it. I've had it so long neither of us knows how it came into my possession. As much as my sons pilfer through my stuff I expect it will be one of theirs before too long. I'm looking at a Leatherman to replace my Gerber.