1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Multiple Online Voter Guides!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by iq4truth, Nov 2, 2008.

1. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

100% Pro-life PAC
    http://www.prolifepac.com/
    The ONLY Pro-life Presidential Candidate is Chuck Baldwin!
    A vote for any other is a vote for ABORTION.

+++
    To help you sort out fact from fiction, your team at the National Taxpayers Union has put together a Ballot Guide that covers more than 100 initiative and referendum measures in 34 states. Among the proposals highlighted:
    • Arizona's Proposition 100 would prohibit new property transfer taxes;
    • Colorado's Amendment 59 could permanently kill certain tax rebate checks;
    • Maine's Question 1 would repeal new beverage taxes;
    • Massachusetts' Question 1 would completely eliminate state income taxes;
    • Minnesota's constitutional amendment could increase the state sales tax;
    • Oregon's Measure 56 could gut the "double majority" protection against tax hikes;
      And, many more!
    Ballot Guide: http://www.ntu.org/pdf/20081006_NationalBallotGuide.pdf
    +++

Non-Biased!!!
    Gun Owners of America Congressional and Presidential Ratings
    http://www.goapvf.org/

+++

FRC Congressional Scorecard:
    http://downloads.frcaction.org/EF/EF08J04.pdf

+++

Pennsylvania Family Institute’s 2008 Voters' Guide website
    http://www.pavoter.info/

+++

Of interest
    Obama citizenship and the Constitution
    http://www.jbs.org/index.php/us-constitution-blog/3759

+++

To Save the USA - Civics
    http://fp.users.fast.net/infoquest/Civics_in_Seconds.htm#Capital

2. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

Does God want you to vote for THE best Christian man running for president, a Republican, or a Democrat?

Was Jesus the "popular vote?"

At the Constitutional Convention, the difference between individual
    accountability to God and national accountability to God was explained. An
    individual answers to God in the future, but not a nation. George Mason,
    the Father of the Bill of Rights, explained: "As nations cannot be rewarded
    or punished in the next world, they must be in this. By an inevitable chain
    of causes and effects, Providence punishes national sins by national
    calamities."

A Bible example is of Elijah in I Kings. After Elijah won his confrontation
    with the prophets of Baal, he complained to God, "There's no one else in the
    nation who believes in You." And God responded, "There are 7,000 men left in
    this nation - men of integrity, righteous men, men who do love Me....."
    Ahab and Jezebel were the nation's wicked leaders. Because of their
    wickedness, the entire nation, including 7,000 righteous men, went without
    rain for 3.5 years.

[​IMG]

This is why the Founders were so emphatic about keeping men in office who
    understood God's principles. In perhaps the most famous speech ever
    delivered by Benjamin Franklin-delivered on Thursday, June 28, 1787, on the
    floor of the Constitutional Convention. Franklin reminded the delegates that
    we needed God to be our friend, not our enemy; we needed Him to be our ally,
    not our adversary; we needed to make sure that we kept His "concurring aid"
    as Franklin called it. Franklin warned:

"If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable
    that an empire can rise without His aid? We've been assured in the sacred
    writing that, 'Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that
    build it.'

And thus Franklin called for regular, daily prayer to make sure that we kept
    God in the midst of what we were doing in the nation.

Jefferson, too, understood this principle. Jefferson declared:

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed
    their only firm basis - a conviction in the minds of the people that these
    liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with
    His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just:
    that His justice cannot sleep forever."

A nation does answer to God for the stands it takes.

Abraham Lincoln-during the Civil War, overheard someone in the White House
    state that he hoped that God was on "our" side in the battle - that God was
    on the Union side. Lincoln, showing that he understood the principle of
    national accountability, replied:

"Sir, I am not at all concerned about that, for 1 know that the Lord is
    always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer
    that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side."

This understanding of national accountability to God has been part of our
    heritage-part of our history. Our Founders understood that a nation needed
    to take stands that lined up with God's principles so that God's blessings
    and "concurring aid," as Franklin described it, could rest on the nation.

Let us pray for our nation and the leaders of our nation so that God does
    not use a national calamity, like war with China or Russia, to exercise His justice
    against our nation for its great corporate sin.

Note: The facts provided above come from "America's Godly Heritage" by David
    Barton
    http://fp.users.fast.net/infoquest/government.htm#Heritage

++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++

[​IMG]

Times have changed. This historical article, written two years ago, is coming true!

Here are a few snips from "High Infidelity" by Steve Benen.

Until relatively recently, a self-confessed adulterer had never sought the presidency. Certainly, other candidates have been dogged by sex scandals. In the 1828 presidential election, John Quincy Adams questioned whether Andrew Jackson's wife was legitimately divorced from her first husband before she married Old Hickory. Grover Cleveland, who was single, fathered a child out of wedlock, a fact that sparked national headlines during the 1884 election (though he managed to win anyway). There have been presidential candidates who had affairs that the press decided not to write about, like Wendell Wilkie, FDR, and John F. Kennedy. And there have been candidates whose infidelities have been uncovered during the course of a campaign: Gary Hart's indiscretions ultimately derailed his 1988 bid, and in 1992, during the course of his campaign, Bill Clinton was forced to make the euphemistic admission that he "caused pain" in his marriage.

But it wasn't until 2000 that McCain, possibly emboldened by Clinton's survival of his scandals, became the first confessed adulterer to have the nerve to run. Now, just a few years after infidelity was considered a dealbreaker for a presidential candidate, the party that presents itself as the arbiter of virtue may field an unprecedented two-timing trifecta.

McCain was still married and living with his wife in 1979 while, according to The New York Times' Nicholas Kristof, "aggressively courting a 25-year-old woman who was as beautiful as she was rich." McCain divorced his wife, who had raised their three children while he was imprisoned in Vietnam, then launched his political career with his new wife's family money. In 2000, McCain managed to deflect media questioning about his first marriage with a deft admission of responsibility for its failure. It's possible that the age of the offense and McCain's charmed relationship with the press will pull him through again, but Giuliani and Gingrich may face a more difficult challenge. Both conducted well-documented affairs in the last decade--while still in public office.

How times have changed even more, when Focus on the Family calls cops on Pro-Life Christians:
    "Change of Heart for Focus on the Family"

When a truly God-revering, constitutionally-focused leader is presented as a choice, isn't it our place to vote for him, regardless of worldly polls and statistical outcome-based bets?

Pastor Chuck Baldwin. http://baldwin08.com/
    Whether lever, button, or write-in, by voting for the best, God will take care of the rest

3. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

Should Christians/Jews Vote and Be Political???
    Raising up Elders in the Gates - Some Gems!

Adapted from:
    Taking Back the Gates Video

Dear Friend,

November 4th, Election Day is here.

When the IRS controls the tongue of a pastor, is this the will of God or of Satan?
    Let me put it this way. When man, not God, holds the tongue of a pastor, is it right?
    As you know from the Oct. 3 Edition of IQ*, I just finished listening to such a Fantastic Bible-based audio seminar, that I'm gushing to expand on just a few beautiful gems of it that I shared with you!

The Vision of "Taking Back The Gates"

"We want to have righteous men and women be the leaders in every power base in the world." Why?
    Proverbs 29: 2 When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan.
    "The church, politics, the judiciary, economics, education, medicine, the media, the press, all have leaders. Leaders lead according to their ethics. Their leadership is an out working of their ethical allegiance. Our desire is to have the righteous leading and ruling in the affairs of men. Is that a Biblical goal?"

Raising Up Elders In The Gates

Genesis 22:17 that in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is upon the seashore. And thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies.
    Genesis 24:60 And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of ten thousands, and let thy seed possess the gate of those that hate them.

Who is the seed of Abraham, according to the New Testament?

Galatians 3:29 And if ye are Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, heirs according to promise.

What do the previous verses of Genesis mean?
    What value is it to possess God's enemy's gate?
    The gate is the seat of authority for:
    1. Civil Leadership (what we today call "political leadership")
    2. Judgment (or Judiciary)
    3. Commerce

The scripture below is from the American Standard Version, the preference of my pastor, Pastor Randy, whose no-holds-barred, black and white, no watered-down sermons brought us to our church.

1. Civil Leadership

Genesis 19:1 And the two angels came to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot saw them, and rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face to the earth;
    Genesis 34:20 And Hamor and Shechem his son came unto the gate of their city, and communed with the men of their city, saying, ....
    Deuteronomy 16:18 Judges and officers shalt thou make thee in all thy gates, which Jehovah thy God giveth thee, according to thy tribes; and they shall judge the people with righteous judgment.
    2 Samuel 15:1-4
    1 And it came to pass after this, that Absalom prepared him a chariot and horses, and fifty men to run before him.
    2 And Absalom rose up early, and stood beside the way of the gate: and it was so, that, when any man had a suit which should come to the king for judgment, then Absalom called unto him, and said, Of what city art thou? And he said, Thy servant is of one of the tribes of Israel.
    3 And Absalom said unto him, See, thy matters are good and right; but there is no man deputed of the king to hear thee.
    4 Absalom said moreover, Oh that I were made judge in the land, that every man who hath any suit or cause might come unto me, and I would do him justice!

1 Kings 22:10 Now the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah were sitting each on his throne, arrayed in their robes, in an open place at the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets were prophesying before them.
    For further study on Civil Leadership, see: 2 Samuel 19:1-8; 2 Kings 11:6-19; Exodus 20:10; and Proverbs 31:23

2. Judgment (or Judiciary)

Exodus 32:26 then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Whoso is on Jehovah's side, let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
    Deuteronomy 17:5 then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, who hath done this evil thing, unto thy gates, even the man or the woman; and thou shalt stone them to death with stones.
    Deuteronomy 21:19 then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; ....
    Deuteronomy 21:15 If a man have two wives, the one beloved, and the other hated, and they have borne him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the first-born son be hers that was hated;
    For further study on Judicial Leadership, see: Deuteronomy 17:8-14 and Joshua Chapter 20.

3. Commerce

Genesis 23:10 Now Ephron was sitting in the midst of the children of Heth. And Ephron the Hittite answered Abraham in the audience of the children of Heth, even of all that went in at the gate of his city, saying, ....
    Genesis 23:17,18
    17 So the field of Ephron, which was in Machpelah, which was before Mamre, the field, and the cave which was therein, and all the trees that were in the field, that were in all the border thereof round about, were made sure
    18 unto Abraham for a possession in the presence of the children of Heth, before all that went in at the gate of his city.

Ruth 4:1-2, 10-11
    1 Now Boaz went up to the gate, and sat him down there: and, behold, the near kinsman of whom Boaz spake came by; unto whom he said, Ho, such a one! turn aside, sit down here. And he turned aside, and sat down.
    2 And he took ten men of the elders of the city, and said, Sit ye down here. And they sat down.
    10 Moreover Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I purchased to be my wife, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance, that the name of the dead be not cut off from among his brethren, and from the gate of his place: ye are witnesses this day.
    11 And all the people that were in the gate, and the elders, said, We are witnesses. Jehovah make the woman that is come into thy house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephrathah, and be famous in Bethlehem:

2 Kings 7:1 And Elisha said, Hear ye the word of Jehovah: thus saith Jehovah, To-morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.

When was the last time you heard an altar call for someone to be in government, the judiciary, or business?

Why then, do the wicked control the gates today?

1. A judgment from Heaven - those God loves He chastens.
    Deuteronomy 28:55,57
    55 so that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat, because he hath nothing left him, in the siege and in the distress wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in all thy gates.
    57 and toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children whom she shall bear; for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly, in the siege and in the distress wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

2. Cowardice in Christian leadership (possessing enemies' gate requires conflict, confrontation, conquest)
    Judges 5:8 They chose new gods; Then was war in the gates: Was there a shield or spear seen Among forty thousand in Israel?

Now consider these words of Jesus:
    Matthew 16:18 And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Does this Holy scripture take on new meaning for you now, knowing that "scripture interprets scripture?"
    Proverbs 14:19 The evil bow down before the good; And the wicked, at the gates of the righteous.
    He who controls the gate controls the city, controls the nation.

Which do we want? To be trampled under the foot by God's enemies, or to possess the gates of God's enemies?

OTHERWISE, If we abandon the Biblical mandate to serve and lead in the gate, we will be conquered, ruled, and enslaved.

Who did God use to bring about Revival and Reformation, in the Bible, to Take Back The Gates?
    • Debra - A Judge (Judicial)
    • Gideon - A Judge (Judicial)
    • Samuel - A Judge (Judicial and Prophet)
    • David - A King (Political and Prophet)
    • Hezekiah - A King (Political)
    • Josiah - A King (Political)
    • Uziah - A King (Political)

Now it's Your turn.

Pray And Act.