1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Musicals anyone?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 16, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What is your favorite musical?

I love Fiddler on the Roof!

and I love, of course, OKLAHOMA!!!

And I enjoyed Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

2. 10usNE1

10usNE1 New Member

Saggy,
    My two teenage sons, one is a senior and one a freshman, just finished the musical "Oklahoma" in their high school. The senior played the part of Will Parker. I never laughed so much in my life. Not because of the play, but because of watching a couple of boys that swore they would never let a pair of wranglers touch their body. hehee.....I also learned that the youngest son would probably never win any dance contests. :)
    As far as my favorite musical....it's a toss up between "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and "Calamity Jane".

3. SeaFlower

SeaFlower New Member

Hi All,
    I *loved* "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" perhaps because my sister and I always wanted to marry brothers..(of course it didn't turn out that way!)
    And all the boys were named from the Bible too, even "Frank". :D ;) :D
    But my favorite has to be "White Christmas"!
    I also like "Paint your wagon" though that one is a bit long. We grew up watching "Music Man" "Oklahoma" and "Fiddler on the Roof" (my Mom's fave)
    When my sister was young she even thought there were people who just went around singing like that! We used to watch musicals even more than movies! :D
    The only musical I've ever seen on stage (well, a school play) was "Crazy for you".
    Hugs to All,
    ~SeaFlower~

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: SeaFlower ]

4. Grace

Grace New Member

Oh goodness-Um I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma, Annie, The Sound of Music, State Fair, (Actually I like Roger and Hammerstein, I just couldn't get into South Pacific) I love My Fair Lady, etc

I've never seen Fiddler on the Roof, but I've heard that it is really good.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Never seen Fiddler on da Roof??!! Pardon me while I pass out in a dead faint....THUMP.
    Back.
    Ouch!
    Go rent it then! It's the best!
    Anything that's a musical is awesome! Ok, maybe not ANYTHING, but I love love love music, so you can pretty much count on me not having anything bad to say about most anything put to it. [​IMG]
    da Gina

6. Grace

Grace New Member

OK-i'm back now. I finally saw Fiddler on the Roof. I liked it, but my heart broke when the young guy (sorry, only seen it once) said something like "this would be a good time for the Messiah to come" I started to cry (literally) because all I could think was "He came, and you missed it...."
    Other than that, it was a good movie. I liked the Matchmaker song. :D