1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Musicians!!!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by AZfiddler_Oct1996, Aug 21, 2004.

1. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

That was awful!!! I hated that whole cd! I dunno why, but I always got nervous whenever we had to record, so I'd sing really bad (not to mention I couldn't play the flute at all!)!! I did like that cd that you, Tim, and that other guy (can't remember his name) made and sent to me and Meg. That one was really good!!! Good times, good times...

Becca

2. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Hello, Just Kidding! I mean JK!

WOW! I finally found someone who plays violin! TELL ME MORE!! ...please. [​IMG] I better be polite. [​IMG] Are you taking Suzuki? In my own humble opinion the music in Suzuki is stupid. :eek: But I don't like to play classical as much as fiddle sooooo... The only thing that I like about Suzuki is that I you have to do it by music. UGH! I really wish I could hear people play!!!

-Alycia

4. AZfiddler_Oct1996

We (my family and I) streetpreach (have you ever heard of that?)while we are on the street we sing.
    I just got a violin and I'm to learning how to play. (My family is hopeing I stop learning)
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hey, David!

You should practice "String Crossing" and "Contact Point." You want me to tell you how?

-Alycia

5. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Yeah, I played. I don't have time to play anymore :confused: . I might pick it up again after college. Suzuki
    ? I don't know what this is, so I assume I didnt play it. Fiddle is crazy, I have seen some people tear up a fiddle. I am nothing special, with violin, no need to hear me play.

I didn't see this post as active? weird?

6. AZfiddler_Oct1996

What do you mean fiddle is crazy? Suzuki is nothing you want to hear about. :rolleyes: It drives my brothers nuts. lol (me too) I really do want to hear you play, I wish there was a way.

-Alycia [​IMG]

7. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

I mean.. there are some people who just go crazy on that fiddle. like charley Daniels. ....It was a compliment ,don't worry.

trust me, my strings are out of tune, I am running out of rosin, and I have not touched it in months. not to mention, I have no sheet music. I can't remenmber enough, to play by ear.

my violin hobby is over.....for college. the only way I would play now would be if I could find some sheet music on line. I wish i could play for you , but I can't.

8. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Fiddle is fun, I've only been playing for 3 1/2 years... imagine what you could do! :D Soooooo, tune up your strings, tighten up that bow, buy some more rosin, and start "fiddling around" with it! Yeah, I know. You don't have time at college. Weeeell, there is alwayz after college, you know. ;) So you can play for me. :D Have you heard Calgary Polka or Shelbournes Reel, or Black and White Rag? Just wondering. -Alycia [​IMG]

9. woodyR

woodyR New Member

Im Christopher and im from Florida

I play the trumpet and piano

I really like playing jazz and some classical

I have played piano 8 or 9 years and trumpet about 1.5 years

I play in church

I go to Bible Baptist Church

10. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Hello Christopher!
    Welocome to the board. Where you affected by the hurricane? That would have been a scary situation.
    What kind of jazz are you into? Do you play in church?
    And do you go to a Bible Baptist Camp in Florida?I know a guy who was a counselor so just wondering and for the life of me I cannot remember the camps name!

Matt

11. JesusInFirstPlace

Hey, Christopher! I just wanted to say welcome to a fellow trumpet player!! I bet after 8 or 9 years you are pretty good at the piano, too.

Becca

12. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Welcome, Christopher! nice to meet ya.

13. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

No, I have never heard of those. And I Guess there is no excuse for you not hearing me play. you are persistent. the fiddle is is a violin with the bridge flattened out right? so you can play two strings at once? Correct me if I am wrong.

14. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Yeah. Fiddle is fun! I know, there ISN'T a way for me to hear you play... [​IMG] (it is kinda hard over the internet [​IMG] ) It is still nice to know I'm not the only one that plays violin on this board though. :D I got 4th in the state Saturday. The guy that got 1st placed 7th in nationals!! :eek: -Alycia

15. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Welcome! [​IMG]

16. JesusInFirstPlace

Congrats, Alycia!!! You did great! But then, I've always known you were good at the violin. Are you first chair (I think you told me before, but I don't remember.)?

Becca

17. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Yeah, I am first chair. ;) One of my students and I are going to be playing The Star Spangled Banner for the dedication of a flag at her school tomorrow. She is 8 and has been playing about 3 months now. -A

18. JesusInFirstPlace

Aw, that's great! I would have loved to pick up an instrument like that when I was 8, cuz by now I would be like a pro!

Becca

19. AZfiddler_Oct1996

I really wish I had too. I wanted one when I was 9 but didn't get one till I was 12- when I started crying over it. ;)

20. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Congrats on first chair! and on 4th place.

I think I was somewhere close to last chair (out of 5 people) lol.