1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Muslim Cleric calls women 'meat'

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by El_Guero, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

BBC's take on it all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6086374.stm

Simply applying his logic to his own problems in life leads to a question. Personally, I think they should ask: "If a rabid animal gets out of its cage and it gets shot, who's fault is it? The rabid animal or the hunter?"

#2 El_Guero, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2006
  3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

A ridiculous analogy any way. Whose fault? "If you take out..." Neither the 'meat' nor the cat are at fault.

On the other hand, how many Baptist preachers speak of girls dressing modestly out of respect? In Islam, dressing modestly is often defined more strictly, but the desired results are not dissimilar, are they?

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

wow . . . after reading wiki's coverage . . . I don't think they should waste lead on the creep . . . a long slow death . . . would be appropriate. And it should have been administered to all of the perpetrators.

The stuff is bad, so don't read past the first paragraph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_gang_rapes

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

In Islam, the commandment is to cover the woman's chest - NOT HER FACE.

And to attack and brutalize women because they are 'Christian' is unjustifiable. And since they tolerate their leaders preaching this hatred, I am afraid that we will only see more of the same.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

There, as here, 'modesty' is subject to interpretation. Perhaps he is using his scripture to justify his cultural norms.

You're not opposed to being PC then?

So, when is it justifiable to attack and brutalize women?

Fifty years ago, things were similar here before the so-called feminazi movement. If a woman were raped, if she were not a virgin, her testimony was automatically suspect. In some states, her testimony had to be collaborated by an eye-witness. It was often seen as a crime against the men associated with her; by law, her husband, father, brother or son could avenge her rape, but if she avenged it herself, she was subject to prosecution. If a woman wore a short skirt or was alone at night, well, she was asking for it. It has not been that long ago.

So yeah, the cleric's a pig, but he's hardly unique to the world.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Actually, it wasn't all that long ago:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1880976,00.html#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=Britain
    I wouldn't be too surprised if the US got roughly the same results.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I am surprised that you would not defend the poor women that were preyed upon. I would decry your being attacked and brutalized by a muslim . . .

Again, there is no defense of the evil that these men preach and act upon.

They were horrid dogs that should be put to death by lethal injections of pig's blood. And then wrapped in bacon left out to rot. When they have rotted bury them.

Let the deaths of these demons be as horrific as their crimes against mankind.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Daisy

These women (some as young as 14) were raped ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE CHRISTIAN. The justification that was given was because they were not wearing a MUSLIM IDOLIC SCARF. The women were not running down the street naked.

There is no justification for the actions of those dogs, the preaching of the evil by that dog, nor is there any justification for your defending them by posting up totally unrelated garbage.

I do not see your correlation.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Your distinctions are peculiar. I'm not in favor of anyone, man or woman, being attacked, raped and brutalized by anyone, be he Muslim, Christian or Heathenish.

I agree.

They are not horrid dogs, they are horrid men. Would visit the same punishment had the religions been reversed? I don't recall your being this outraged at the US soldiers accused of raping a young Iraqi girl.

Or womankind as the case may be.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

So? Would a different justification make it any better or worse?

I have not defended them so you can just stop that nonsense right now.

And I don't see your distinction.

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be a 'sad commentary,' but the situation is the same if one is going on a trip for several days or weeks and fails to cancel newspaper subscriptions or stop mail delivery or arrange for the yard to be mowed. Or if one is stupidly vain and buys gold wheel rims for one's car which must be parked on a publicly accessible lot. Or if someone bumps into you and you call them "<language edited for BB - LE>...." In each of these cases one increases one's risk factor of being criminally victimized. Whether we think the excuse for the crime has any validity is beside the point; we should not increase the risk factors of being victimized.

#13 Alcott, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  14. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I definitely want to be on your good side:thumbs:

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

It's not beside the point if the rapist is not convicted because the victim was drunk or flirty. Your burglar is not let go because the house's owner was careless.

#15 Daisy, Oct 26, 2006
  16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not what I said. I said we should not increase the risk factors of being criminally victimized. But flaunting what we have is still never an excuse for a crime.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Then do not defend them if you are against them.

The soldiers that were accused of raping an iraqi girl were charged with rape. What they did was wrong, however their cases have some peculiar differences:

1. The muslims did go around the area targeting girls strictly because the girls and the women were Christian

2. The muslims chose their targets because they were not wearing a scarf.

3. The muslims used technology to increase the number of perpetrators (attackers) and the scale of the attacks.

4. Islamic clerics have blamed the women for the assaults.

5. Islamic clerics have stated that ANY (& every) woman not wearing a SCARF is asking to be raped.

I know of no one that supports what the soldiers have done. They should be punished severely - I am for the death penalty. However, there does not seem to be a preponderance of evidence that their actions were intended as hate crimes and intended to start widespread hatred and violence.

No woman should be used by an evil religion to propagate its hatred.

I am always outraged by rape. A woman is a victim of rape. In this case, you seem to have concern for the dogs that committed and defended this action.

#17 El_Guero, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2006
  18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Again, I have not defended them, so please stop saying I have.

Christian or merely not Muslim?

Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, etc also do not wear hajibs.

Cars?

Um, cleric as in singular. Other Islamic clerics have disavowed his statements. And he has apologized (linkie)

Again, this is one cleric, that is not what he said and he apologized for what he did say.

Yeah, but what about desecrating their corpses?

Um, right...they rape a young girl because they just love her so much.

Men also get raped.

You keep saying that about me, but it isn't true. I am concerned that you use the horrible misdeeds of a few to spread fear and hate of all Moslem men.

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You make the mistake of thinking rapists are sexually motivated. Rape is a crime of violence and intimidation. 90 year old grandmothers and infants are raped. It uses sex as a weapon, but is not sexually motivated.

#19 Magnetic Poles, Oct 26, 2006
  20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Daisy

You equate what muslim clerics are calling muslim men to do as equal to what a few misguided individuals have done on their own in the west.

That sounds like a defensive argument.

Now if you want to say that those dogs deserve to die like the dogs that they are - say it - just spit it OUT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.