1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Muslim Supreme Court Nominee?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Sep 27, 2005.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so? I am talking about the fact that Protestant theology has been the basis for the greatest refinement of civil law in the history of the world. So a Fundamentalist would uphold the basis of American law without having to bow to rabbi, pope, inman, or the god of cultural diversity. The basis of justice is Christianity. Catholic jurisprudence can be found in Latin America and Europe. Islamic jurisprudence can be found in the Arab League and other Islamist nations. Jewish jurisprudence can be found in Israel.

Do we have to abolish what we have in the name of cultural diversity? Miers was selected Bush said because she is a female. If she were a male, she would not have been selected. That is an expression of racism in my book.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

CMG, don't you mean sexism?

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] Maybe. I don't understand women. I think that they are from another galaxy.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I didn't throw race into the debate. I compared your view to the view of racists. Since at this point we've said all we need, I leave it to others to decide if that comparison is accurate.
    Never argue with a music minor [​IMG]

This has to do with the fact that the Marine Hymn was written shortly after a battle Barbary Pirates in 1805. Note that the hymn also cites the occupation of Mexico City and the Castle of Chapultepec due to likewise being a recent in proximity to the writing of the hymn.

Our nation was formed so that we could worship, or not worship, as we pleased, whether that includes Jesus Christ or not.
    The mixing of any religion and government results in problems. The Pilgrims came here to escape that exact thing (the fact that many of the early colonists contunied that same attitude towards neighboring colonists is an unfortunate sidenote in our pre-independent history).
    The generally thought is that it was the Arabs who were decendents of Ishmael. Islam arose relatively recently in human history (about 1500 years ago).
    Good analogy, but I would have no problem with such a person so long as s/he can faithfully interpret the Constitution. Heck, I'll take a Tom Metzger type candidate who faithfully interprets the Constitution over a Jerry Falwell type who does not. The sole criteria: if s/he faithfully interprets the Constitution.

Anyway, this thread is past its 10pg limit. This discussion has been very interesting, eye opening, and, I pray, rewarding and beneficial to all. Thanks everyone for participating. G'day and have a great weekend.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, the marine hymn deals with the wars against Islam. I think that you are over the top on that issue, John V. Islam has built into it a desire to conquer the world which you in your California cultural diverstiy glasses fail to acknowledge. In spite of what you say, John V, human rights are impossible without Christianity.

http://www.id.ucsb.edu/detche/video/religion/montgomery/montgomery.html

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Closed at 1640 EDT