1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Must you hear the gospel to be saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jacob_Elliott, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being thick isn't what's going on with your brain my friend.:smilewinkgrin:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Confusing......do you have two stories you tell people depending on the audience Willis?

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What do you mean two stories? There ain't but way to heaven, but through Jesus...I know you know this. There ain't but one way to Jesus except through the gospel.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And have you seen this......Romans 3:3-4

New King James Version (NKJV)

3 For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? 4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written:

“That You may be justified in Your words,
    And may overcome when You are judged.”

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No its you who doesn't understand......it is JESUS who is the WORD......John 1:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Bible is the record, but Christ, the Word of God, who lives and last forever is, with the entire Godhead, the creator & lord of all.

We are born again by the Spirit, as you respond to hearing and obeying the Spirit, or the word of God within your heart.

The word is the Spirit of Jesus.

And that is why the poor unfortunate sister of mine is in heaven right now. For her earthly body could not understand the written word in the bible, it could understand the WORD being put before as a Child of God in her heart.

So you understand that, right! And in that way.........:godisgood: :thumbs:

PS: Hopefully you have seen my 1st Signature which reads:

"The Word Dwells Among Us"
    In the poor, in the hope of the unemployed, in the courage of the oppressed, in the presence of each other

That allows me to not only think of my Lord in control of spiritual things but also being in the world as we know it. In my humble ministry I go out to the poor & destitute, the homeless, the single parent struggling, the alcoholics & drug addicts, the widows & orphans, the aged & shut ins, the whores & the Johns, the drug pushers & their minions, the underclass & the unemployed. How do you think I do that....LOL! And thats where I find CHRIST!!!

See John 20:27: 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Have a good day!

#105 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and they banned billwald but allowed YOU to come back; I'll never figger that one. At least billwald was intelligent, interesting, and and stimulating.

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, Calvinists do not promote two salvations. Try telling them that to their face and see if you get to the second paragraph of your sentence.

Second, Primitive Baptists are NOT Calvinists. But what difference does that make to you.

Third, although you call it two salvations, it can actually be looked at as ONE salvation of two types or kinds or class or whatever you might want to call it.

Fourth, you calling for a ban on something you have no understanding of, or which you have never even researched, is just laughable. Because, well, let me ask you. After you get somebody saved, I suppose you will just let him go his own way ? I believe you have this term you use in your theology called "discipling", the object of which is to teach somebody doctrine, practice, and walking the narrow way, the object of which is for him to receive the blessings of a godly life ?
    Looks like you'll have to be banned as well, "Rev", as with those who "disciple" their converts.
    Gospel salvation is merely the name of the end product.
    The difference being we do NOT believe that one has to be gospelly saved in order to go to heaven, and this because we believe in full, free grace for eternal salvation.
    We do not preach "grace alone" and then demand other things NOT demanded by heaven for entry into it.
    you do.

8. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no argument there, bro.
    the question is saved to, from, and for, what ?
    and, really, until we understand that the salvation wrought by Christ at the cross, purposed in eternity past, and agreed on, by the Great One-in-Three, is absolutely passive to the sinner, these debates will just go on and on and on.

to begin to understand we need to shed off the scales of us being the vehicles of salvation to HUMANITY, and the scales of all humanity needing the word of God.

Christ is the Savior, and only He, no other.
    The Scriptures are for His people, and only them, no other.

But, nah, we tend to think we are more merciful than the fountain of mercy Himself so we want everybody saved to heaven.
    so, we're stuck in a rut.

#108 pinoybaptist, Feb 12, 2014
  9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You answered the first question of the first post with the second post.

God will be God and God will be true. It matters not what the unbeliever thinks or does. God is doing according to his works known unto him from the foundation of the world. Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

From the beginning of the world God was:
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:19

From the foundation of the world God was:
    That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: Eph 1:10

The word of prophesy in the mind of God before the foundation of the world.
    That his Son, the Christ, would learn and become obedient unto death even the death of the cross. 1 Peter 3:9,20 Heb 5:7,8 Phil 2:8 Having the promise of God made before the world began. Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

When that hope became a reality for the one who died for us, not for himself, the Lamb of God, is when the faithfulness of God came (see Gal 3:23,25) by which the verses of 2 Cor 5:19 and Eph 1:10 could be carried forth.

The raising to life eternal from the dead of his Son is the faith,
    the belief of what God prophesied and promised before the foundation of the world.

Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God became the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

The Faith by which God can reconcile the world unto himself.

That is my understanding of the gospel. Do we have to hear it to be saved?

Or is God doing his works?

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    believe that the Lord has provide a seperate and special Election for inants, still borns, aborted youngchildren thru the Cross of Christ, but has for all others the Will and the power ro make sure all who are to get saved by the Cross will somehow/someway be able to hear and respond to message of jesus !

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LIKE IT.....spot on....Bravo amigo :thumbs:

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there you have it. Thanks for confirming what I said.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh by golly it's you Percho....I thought you were one of my Old School Brothers........glad to see you concur with us....:love2::thumbs:

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:jesus::godisgood::jesus::godisgood:

Not one of His will be left out of the fold...

15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhh, we could never hope to slip anything by you, I am ever so more continually impressed with your genius at each post you make. You never fail to meet our expectations that we've developed over the years. 'You one smart cookie'.

#115 kyredneck, Feb 12, 2014
  16. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you're welcome. sleep tight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.