1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My 77 YO Sister

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by wpe3bql, Jun 10, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Should the Lord recall this to your heart & mind, please earnestly pray for my 77-YO sister.

She (& her husband) have suffered with various and sundry physical afflictions over the years, but apparently, hers isn't improving.

She has very severe problems with her colon, such that a "major part of my colon will have to soon be surgically removed very soon."

Additionally, I've been told that she and her oldest (& now only) son have had a major "flare-up" resulting in neither one of them is on speaking terms with each other.

Her son (my nephew) always seemed to be rather assertive (i.e., "MY way or the highway!!). I've been told that he claims to be a "Confirmed Atheist," primarily because he feels that God killed his only brother some 15+ years ago. (He died of cancer while in his 30's leaving behind a wife and very young daughter.).

OTOH, my sister has been probably the most caring of all of her three siblings (ranging now between 80 - 68 YO). She alone was a "mother to our mother" during Mom's declining years (dementia, etc.). She (& my BIL) went out of her way to be close to our widowed mother (My father died in 1963.) such that she moved in right next door to her and was Power of Attorney for Mom, who died @ age 90 in 2003.

Her sister and her two brothers are geographically spread out from her FL home--any where from PA, TN, and AZ--so much face-to-face interactions haven't occurred over the past couple decades.

Is my sister saved? Of course, I can't say for sure, but I can say that both she and my BIL have remained as active as they could in a conservative, evangelical church. (In fact, her late younger son received Jesus as his Savior in the one they were with in PA just a few months before his death.)

Please forgive me for rambling on, but I felt I had to tell you some insights so as to give you a better perspective of her situation.

Thanks in advance for all of your much-needed prayers! :praying:

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers...