1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My 81 year old mom !

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tony kelly, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

My mother is a 81 year old great lady .She goes to Mass everyday I mean everyday !But as I am a born again christian. I try to get her to read the Bible .She says the Priest will let her know what she has to know doing church .The only thing she reads is that little "Our Daily Bread "She loves it .I make sure I get her one at our church .
    Once she said where did theses words come from ?I looked they were scriptures for that daily reading .I keep praying that she'll accept Christ then a Bible to read .I would love it to be a NKJ KJ,HCSB ,NAS or ESV .But if she said the Message I would run not walk to get her one .Please pray for her .Her name is Rose and the best mom there is .

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tony, I hope that the moderator will move this to the Prayer/Praise forum so lots of people will pray and be reminded to pray for Rose.

I will pray for your mother's salvation. While she is living and breathing, it's never too late.

Peace-
    Scarlett O.
    <><

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

4. Seth&Mattsmom

Seth&Mattsmom New Member

Does she have a Bible? Can't you get her one to read?

5. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

I have tried to give her a Bible .The Living Bible or Message but she said she doesn;t want one or will not take it .Almost like its not right to have one .

6. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

Bro Tony,
    Thanks for telling us about your mother. I know a little about how you feel. My father made a profession of faith when I was very young and there was a remarkable change in his life. It all changed when he was embarrassed at church by a relative and then a little later saw one of our deacons go into a bar he used to frequent and that was it for him. He never went back to church with my mom and many years later embraced the Roman church. He died in it at 56 years old (a drunk) because he said he could sin all week and get it taken care of in confession and he really liked that idea. There are many strongholds in the Roman religion that can only be broken by the power of God.
    My heart goes out to you.
    Thanks -----Bart

7. Brother James

Brother James New Member

You might want to let her listen to Scourby reading the scripture. A lot of older people like that.