1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My church is starting a tract ministry

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 15, 2017.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The church I pastored for 27 years did not have tracts in the sense of those being discussed here.

We had a small tri-fold church brochure with a drawing of the church building on the cover along with the name, address, and phone number on the front.

One the inside was a small statement of what we believe, the times of services, the availability of the nursery, and fellowship times, youth activities schedules, etc.

On the back was a brief Gospel presentation made up entirely of bible verses.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, “There is no one righteous; no, not one.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 5:8 But God commends his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:9 that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    10 For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For, “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

They were handed out at events, at the grocery store to the cashier, hung on door knobs when we did cold canvassing, and left on restaurant tables, with a generous tip inside.

We went through about 25,000 per year and saw hundreds of souls per year respond by coming visit us for services.

One of the cashiers at the grocery store came and was saved. Then her husband and her two boys came to see her be baptized, and they all three were saved, baptized, and discipled. He became a deacon and was one of the best men in the church for over 15 years, until his job took them out of the city.

Keeping God's Great Commission God's way will ALWAYS result in fruit, much fruit, and fruit that remains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you are not. I understand your ignorance here, since you have chosen to disciple yourself via the works of men. But Scripture gives both the command and gifting to the Church.

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many are caught up with passing out tracts... They lose TRACK of Jesus... Brother Glen:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't have to talk to the thousands; you only have to talk to the one.

Matt 18:12-13
    Luke 15:4,7

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, some simply start off on the wrong track. :Biggrin

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ( bold my emphasis )

Have you asked your church leadership about evangelism?

7. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I talk to as many as possible. Tracts are perfect ice breakers.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Hey buddy, I think you dropped something" he mutters as he hands the fake money tract to the unsuspecting homeless man......

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So which is more important - quantity or quality?

10. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't a tract but I like these:

What it Means to be Christian Tract (100 Pack) | Grace Communtiy Church Media | Grace Books

I combine them with a business card for our church in order to have a concise little packet for people. It is a non-confrontational way of giving people the truth of the Gospel in a concise form while recommending a church to settle down in. I have also thought of buying up a bunch of cheap New Testament's to hand out as a free gift, but the expense of this has stopped me for now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My problem is that giving out a tract and a business card for the church still seems like I am a long way from being as shrewd as I can be. Especially in making the Gospel as attractive as possible to each specific person or audience, while of course still presenting it accurately.

I thought I needed to buy gifts to hand out like New Testaments, but it seems more like what I need to do is invest in each person I pass this stuff out to with something tailored to my individual strengths in evangelism. I'm thinking of saying "ask me any questions you have ever had about the Christian faith, I will try and answer your question as best as I can." I have studied some theology, church history, Christian apologetics, and teaching ministry at seminary so this is a good pick for me as I love fielding hard questions.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, which is it? First you say:
    - discounting what someone wrote to you; then when I point out you don't have to talk to the thousands, just actually talk to at least one, you change your statement to "I talk to as many as possible."

You speak with a forked tongue.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How hard is it for you to understand that I talk to whoever will listen? This is not rocket science.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, standing in the middle of a busy city square speaking with raised voice with people walking by paying you no heed is your idea of accomplishing this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been told 500 times. Open air is not all that I do but only one thing. How hard is this for you to comprehend?

16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have asked you over and over again how many people you have won to the Lord, brought to your church to be baptized, and taught them to observe all the things the Lord has commanded.

But for some reason you refuse to answer the question.

You have already admitted your "preaching" has been fruitless for 7 or 9 or however many years.

So how many have you brought to Christ via other witnessing efforts?

Here. I will make it easy for you. Just bold the correct answer.

None.

17. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In our door-to-door visitation, we always try to leave something with householders if they will receive it.
    If there is any genuine interest I leave a Gideon New Testament, but otherwise a tract is great and much cheaper.
    I believe a tract needs to be basic and clear. My favourite is one called Four Things God wants You to Know.
    The four things are:
    1. You need to be saved.
    2. You cannot save yourself.
    3. God has provided for your salvation.
    4. The Lord Jesus is able to save and to keep. Each of these is validated with Scripture.
    It ends with a four-fold command to Repent, Believe, Confess and Acknowledge.

The tracts are available here:Revival Movement Association Literature for Sale

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best post of this thread!

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin the tract Gods Judgment day looks interesting. Have you used it? Is this tract publisher based in Europe? I may order some.

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lot better than the first post. :Laugh

• Prayers Prayers x 1