1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My county is rasing the smoking age

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Smoking is outlawed every place in IL. No businesses can allow smoking, no smoking in public buildings. The only place one can smoke is inside their own home and car or outside at least 15 feet from any public building or business.

There are several small business owners who went out of business because customers could no longer smoke inside of their establishment. What's wrong with this picture?

They are now trying to raise the age of a driver's license from 16 to 18. Just another example of everyone suffering because of the foolishness of a few!

I'm kind of tired of the government telling me how to live. God gave me a brain too! I've raised 6 children and am now raising, and home schooling, a grandson. They all got their driver's license when they were 16 so they could get back and forth to work after school hours and on Saturdays.

Why should the 'good' kids be punished because other kids are going out, drinking and driving, and causing accidents???