1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My dad - the jokester.....

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Scarlett O., Apr 17, 2011.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dad is the perpetual jokester. He calls himself, "Lester" because he likes to "pester". When I was a child, he would walk past me and pull me hair. I would turn around and exclaim, "Daddeeee!! Quit pulling my hair!!" He would look at me with such seriousness and say, "That wasn't me ..... that was Lester!"

Well, he is 73 and has quite the hearing lossing due to the years he spent working as a mechanic on the B-52's and the eventual nerve deafness. He's been almost deaf for several years.

The other morning after the terrible storm, I walked over to their house. I was talking to him about it and how LOUD the thunder was and how blinding the lightning was. I just went on and on about it saying over and over, "Did you hear all that this morning, Daddy?" I kept telling how it scared me so and that it was so incredible.

He just sat looking at me like I was a nut. You'd think that I wouldn't forget that he CAN'T hear thunder - literally.

He never gets mad or corrects us when we forget. He just picks at us.

He said to me, "Well, sister. People like me who are RIGHT WITH THE LORD - we just sleep through things like that. Sorry about people like you!"

Then he took off!!!

(I love my daddy!)

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How precious Scarlett! Your dad sounds great!

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

B 52's? Castle Airforce Base?

My father in law is suffering the same sort of hearing loss for the same reasons (well and then he wouldn't wear the ear protection finally offered him in the mines many years later).

My FIL likes to pretend he doesn't know what you are talking about, especially if its a subject he doesn't want to talk about! (like going to the doctor, lol) He doesn't run either. He just gives you that look that no matter what you say, he can't hear you!

:laugh: I still argue with him though! :laugh: I know he can read my lips! :laugh:

4. wulaishiwo

wulaishiwo New Member

I really respect people who devote their life to on business. Your dad is so lucky to have a such good kid. Hope he can live as long as possible so you can spent more time with him.
    By the way, I really admire your signature.

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Thanks for the smile