1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My daughter and husband leading worship - a video

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by annsni, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

I'm sure the Lord thinks she sounds better than Celine Dion because she's singing in praise to him :) Thats what matters!

And yes ..I noticed..lol..you keep apologizing for not being on much..interesting blogs though.. I got hungry just reading some of them..Thanks a alot Ann! hahaha jk

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Did you see my other blog? It's www.cookingonthesound.blogspot.com That is where I'm trying to put all of our tried and true, family favorite recipes. :)

3. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

I'm following that one too now ..ahhaa..i love recipes (i watch Cooking channel..and food network lol).... I plan on putting recipes on my blog....but I'm waiting till i can eat regular things again so i can take pictures of them after I make them :::dun Dun DUNNNN::: but with my diet..i'd basically be taking pictures of bacon..cottage cheese....cheese...vegetables..lol...that won't bring too many fans haha

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it would have been far more grown up had you stopped to consider that sometimes, people have different opinions than you.

5. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a joy to have a daughter with a heart for the Lord!!! You must be so proud.

And kudos for ignoring the gnats in the thread....:smilewinkgrin:

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is fine to have differing opinions; but to be insulting to another's spouse and child, implied or not, is not polite.

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I never insulted her child. All I said about her husband was that he was off key.

I was a professional musician for twenty years. If I had a meltdown everytime somebody said I was off key, I'd probably be a basket case by now.

I never said the performance was bad, only that it isn't leading worship. That's not an insult at all. I have a pickup band that plays gigs for charity all the time and nobody ever says, "Hey, look! They're leading worship!" Should I feel insulted by that?

If you can show me a quote where I insulted either one of them, I'll be happy to apologize.

#27 JohnDeereFan, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JohnDeerefan, I am going to cut and paste what I consider unnecessary criticism - Ann was sharing a joy in her life, and I see no reason to be a music critic when someone is sharing their joys.

<<While the girl in the video does manage to stay on key at several points throughout the song (can't say the same for the guy banging away on the guitar), it isn't "leading worship", as the title suggests>>

The highlighted sections are just uncalled for.

Please think of other's feelings when critiquing their family, that's not too much to ask. If it is done in service to the Lord, appreciate it.

My credentials to speak out on this? I majored in music education (vocal) at Univ of Arizona, I played keyboards in a cover band for over 20 years, and I studied classical piano for over 15 years with a teacher that graduated from the Royal Conservatory of Toronto. I can play gospel piano or I can play Mozart....but I love serving the Lord with my music.

Thank you
    Debbie Mc

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I know. Sometimes it's hard when people have opinions that are different from yours, isn't it. You'll find that being a grown up can be very hard.

First of all, I never critiqued her family. In fact, if you recall, this whole thing between annsni and me started when she attacked my children and that's precisely why I've made it a point never to do so to her.

Second, Out of curiousity, when have you ever been concerned about my feelings when those in your little clique attack me? Hmm?

Well there you go. I guess that excuses your behavior.

#29 JohnDeereFan, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
  10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Once again, I will address this. [snipped] Show me proof of where I attacked your children. You continue to press this false accusation against me. I even posted a thread in January to give you a place to post this evidence and I posted mine. So the proof is in the pudding. [snipped]

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=69823

#30 annsni, May 28, 2011
  11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your criticisms were unkind. Annsni wanted to share a moment of motherly pride in a job well done by her daughter. That the timing and tone of your posts were meant to insult, not edify, is apparent. In that you were wrong.

If I was the only one to read your comments the way I did, I'd say I was mistaken; but others have also made the same interpretation.

You should apologize.

By the way, it's a bit juvenile to keep telling people to grow up. (Get the play of words?);)

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, if you will just show me an example of my having insulted either one of them, I will be more than happy to apologize.

13. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

It has been explained to you why an apology is appropriate.

14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've told you twice now that I will be happy to apologize if only you'll show me an example of something I said that needs apologizing for. Since you won't show me, I have to assume that you don't really believe I need to apologize.

#34 JohnDeereFan, May 28, 2011
  15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread degenerated, as expected. CLOSED

When a person lies, they are called a liar. This is part of English grammar and perfectly appropriate.

But calling one another "liar" is not kind and no part of the BB format.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are correct Dr. Bob and I do apologize to JohnDeereFan for calling him names. I ask for his forgiveness.

17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unkind but true.

What is more unkind is his repeated bizarre false claim that she attacked his children.

18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, dcorbett. Here's your chance to show us that you're not a hypocrite. Go ahead and remind Jerome to consider my feelings. Or is that just for your buddies?

#38 JohnDeereFan, May 28, 2011
  19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Thread closed for administrative review due to potential BB rule violations.

Reprise the theme song and roll the credits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.