1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My daughter

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Jon-Marc, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I recently received an e-mail from one of my sons-in-law informing me that my elder daughter (aged 39) had a mild stroke. Unless she changes her eating habits (as I had to do with being diagnosed with diabetes and other problems), the stokes will continue until that last fatal one.

My prayer request, however, is not so much that she does something to improve her health as much as it is for the Holy Spirit to convict her of her need to be born again and to be ready so that when the end does come, she will be ready for it. I was 60 when I was diagnosed, and changing my eating habits did very little good--if any.

I cannot talk to her since she rejected me for trying to help her before with her emotional problems--she's self-destructive and cuts herself. She once took about 50 pills (more for attention than anything else since they were penicillin). I called the poison center and was told the penicillin would hurt her--even taken in such a large amount. After that I had her committed to a hospital where they could watch her. Unfortunately, the insurance ran out, and she wasn't any better. She told me she wanted nothing more to do with me, but that doesn't stop me from loving her.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for your daughter's salvation.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon-Marc, I am praying for your daughter.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Jon-Marc, I'm praying.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Your daughter is in my prayers. You are too.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

What a loving and Christian dad!
    Lord Jesus, we are praying for this dear dad who is very concern about his daughter's spiritual, mental and physical needs. We are praying that she will accept You as her Savior and Lord of her life and soon after that she will start to communicate with her father. We pray for her health concerns as well and we
    leave it with You knowing You can direct doctors to help her too. In Jesus' name we pray,AMEN

:praying::1_grouphug:

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I had forgotten I posted this prayer request. My daughter contacted me recently and asked how I was doing. She also said that she doesn't hate me and knows that I love her, but that she is very sensitive. I knew that already, and I know that she doesn't take criticism (even constructive criticism) well; actually, neither do I. Of course, I am one who tends to say things the wrong way, and I tend to say the right things the wrong way.

I offend people without meaning to do so. I remember one time I complimented a woman on her dress, and she was offended. Apparently she thought I was flirting with her, which I wasn't, or maybe it's simply inappropriate for a man to compliment a woman any more.

I haven't heard from her the last few days, and I'm wondering if I said something (again) to offend her.