1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My dilemma

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Croyant, Mar 3, 2015.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is how messed up Catholicism is and how messed up you have to be to defend it. Just think, According to Rome Christ didn't have to have institute both the bread AND wine as one is inclusive of the other. According to Rome's messed up thinking when Jesus took the cup and said "this is my blood" he really didn't mean to limit it to just "this is my blood" but really meant "this is my blood AND body." According to Rome's messed up thinking when Jesus took the bread and said "this is my body" he really didn't mean to limit it just to his body but really mean to say "This is my body AND blood." How messed up is that thinking?!??! However, it is not merely oxymoronic thinking it is actually usurping the Word of God, changing the Word of God to suit the Great Whore's false doctrine and practice. Sure why not just rewrite God's word to suit every heresy in Rome????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

#101 The Biblicist, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Not surprising since he is the god of the Church of Rome!

3. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I think we should calm down and not let this turn into something unproductive.

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. OldRegular

There is nothing wrong with what is in the New Testament. It is the blasphemous perversion of the Word of God by the Bishops of Rome and their cohorts in blasphemy, the teaching magisterium, that is wrong.

According to the Canons of Trent all who do not kiss the Bishop of Rome's "behind" { speaking metaphorically} are anathema, accursed, hell bound. So it is difficult to have a civil discussion as long as you people believe that nonsense.

I can understand why someone that is raised and indoctrinated from birth as a member of the Church of Rome believing the nonsense they were nursed on. But you say:

How anyone who has been exposed to the truth go the Gospel and claimed to have taught it for 30 years can be brainwashed by the anti-Biblical teachings of the Bishop of Rome is a mystery.

***********************************************************************************************

#105 OldRegular, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
  6. OldRegular

Perhaps that explains why he wears those funny clothes!

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The most important matter that could be is the gospel.
    I posted the RCC's idea of the gospel for you:
    It relates the gospel to the keeping of the beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount. That has nothing to do with the gospel. It is a message of works. Paul states in no uncertain terms that one is condemned by works, not saved by works. The law only condemns; it cannot save. Trying to obey what is written in the sermon on the mount simply condemns a person to hell. It seals their fate to an eternity in the Lake of Fire apart from Christ.

The gospel is summarized in 1Cor.15:1-4, entirely apart from the sermon on the mount. It came after Christ died, and could only come after Christ died. It is the good news that Christ came, and died, was buried, and rose again. He paid the penalty for our sins, a price that needed to be paid in order that we might go to heaven. If we don't accept that payment but refuse Him, we too shall be condemned. Salvation, therefore, is by faith.
    We come to God as sinners deserving of Hell. His gift is the work on the cross that he provided, a payment through his shed blood. I am a sinner. He died and paid the penalty for my sin. Am I willing to accept his payment for my sin by trusting Him as my Savior.
    The gospel is in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, not in the beattitudes.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Gospel is everywhere in the Scriptures in Christ.

9. OldRegular

And it is not in Mary , not in the Church of Rome, not in the papacy, not in the Canons of Trent, not in the mass, not in hail Mary nor in prayers to Mary, not in the priests, not in baptismal regeneration, not in prayers to the canonized saints, not in.................!

I like the Apostle Paul's definition of the Gospel as expressed in: Romans 1:16, 17. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The basis of that power of God unto salvation is presented in the passage referenced earlier:
    1 Corinthians 15:1-4
    1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    2. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

**************************************************************************************************

The prophet Daniel, in the sixth century before the birth of Jesus Christ, foretold the establishment of the Roman Empire [the fourth beast of Daniel], the coming of the Kingdom of God during the time of that Empire, the Empire’s persecution of the Saints of God, and eventually God’s judgment on Rome [Daniel 7ff]. History confirms Daniel’s prophecy. The Roman Empire was judged. All that remains of the secular Roman Empire is Italy, a nation which has had no subsequent influence on the world scene other than that it is the home of the Papacy. Unfortunately, as Schaff in his History of the Christian Church tells us [Volume 2, page 73]:
    Schaff further writes [Volume 3, page 12]:

Although Schaff refers to Constantine as the first Christian Caesar it is not certain from a study of his life that he was a ‘true believer’. Constantine refused baptism until shortly before his death so that he might “secure all the benefit of baptism as a complete expiation of past sins” [Schaff, Volume 3, page 11ff].

Jesus Christ, standing before Pilate, who represented the power of pagan Rome, declared, My kingdom is not of this world [John 18:36]. Yet with the fall of pagan Rome, as Schaff writes, the church ascends the throne of the Caesars. Thus a significant part of Christianity entered into an unholy alliance with the world contrary to the teaching of the Head of the Church. This alliance would in time lead to the establishment of Roman Catholicism and the Holy Roman Empire, with its ‘dark ages’.

I wrote in an earlier post:

I stand by that statement!

*************************************************************************************************

#109 OldRegular, Mar 10, 2015
  10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Of course! We don't want to expose Catholicism for what it really is - the cultic Great Whore of Revelation. We don't want to offend Catholics just God.

The essentials of Catholicism are straight out of hell. If that was too blunt, then Let me restate it by saying it is complete heretical religion that has no bearing to Biblical Christianity in the slightest.

Their Priesthood is the molester of children and historically abortionists through their relationships between the nuns and priests. In America this moral atrocity has barely been manifested for what it truely is "under the covers."

#110 The Biblicist, Mar 10, 2015
  11. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

My, how you twist things. It was you who said about the pope: "he is the god of the Church of Rome!" What good does that kind of hyperbole do? Much of what you say about the RCC I can agree with, but can we eliminate what are not facts, and can we eliminate the hatred? The system may be despicable, but there are still good people within it and people who are true Christians. I am passionately opposed to Roman Catholicism and Calvinism, but I don't think hate has a place. I might even hate the "systems" but not the people within them.

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

And where did I say that?????

And where did I say I hate "the people" within Rome?????

However, Perhaps you might rebuke and correct David in this matter:

Ps 139:21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Ps 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Also, you might need to rebuke those sinless saints in heaven who rejoice in her destruction:

Rev. 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
    2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
    3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
    4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Of course we realize you probably don't think inspired men in the Old Testament and perfect men in heaven under the New Covenant are proper examples for us to follow, or these verses really don't mean what they say or can't be applied to any other humans.

#112 The Biblicist, Mar 10, 2015
  13. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

You said "he is the god of the Church of Rome", in post #102.

Of course you probably don't think Jesus as presented in the Gospels is an example for us to follow.

And are you absolutely certain that the RCC is the great whore? What if you are wrong?

#113 Rebel, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Now, was Post #102 written by "The Biblicist" or written by "Old Regular"??? Now, put your glasses on before you go back and check it.

So now, you are pitting David and perfected saints with Christ???? So you don't believe in the inspiration of Scriptures and believe God is the author of confusion. Have you never read this:

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!......twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.......Woe unto you, ye blind guides,....Ye fools and blind.....Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers," - Mt. 23

Now, who was he talking about and to? False Religious leaders! Of course this not the example of Christ you want to selectively choose to fit your theology is it?

15. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

You're right about that post, and I apologize. I only had my 1.25 strength Walmart glasses on when I read that. I should have had my 1.75. :) Like Fred Sanford, I couldn't find the glasses I needed to see which glasses I should use. :)

How is it that you can do what you accuse me of and it's acceptable? Oh, I know -- that's because it's you doing it. I'm glad I was able to answer my own question.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

... if he or I were wrong the Reformers were all wrong.

They were not wrong!

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No problem. You are a lot better off than I am, I have to use 2.25 Dollar Store glasses.

What did I accuse you of doing??? I only pointed out what Jesus said, corresponded with what David and the saints and heaven said about heretics.

18. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Okay. Let's not argue any more. Peace be to you.

19. OldRegular

I believe the great harlot is the apostate church which may well include the Church of Rome. But I am not a reformer, I am Baptist!

20. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The "Baptist Confession of Faith" applies it to the RCC as does the "Westminster Confession of Faith"

In Rev 12 you find 1260 years of dark ages follow the resurrection of Christ (and time of pagan Rome persecuting ) --

in Christ,

Bob