1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Experience Preaching in Junior Church

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Pastor Sam, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Pastor Sam

Pastor Sam Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Experience Preaching In Junior Church

[​IMG]

One Sunday when I was Junior Church Pastor I was preaching in the Junior Church and I wanted to illustrate when Abraham took Isaac up on the mountain to offer sacrifice. God had told Abraham to offer Isaac as the sacrifice. To illustrate I took a boy from the group and we pretended to be Abraham and Isaac. When it came to the sacrifice and I put him on a bench that I was using as an altar that we built to offer our sacrifice. I told him God told me to offer him as the sacrifice. Then I took a pencil out of my pocket as a knife and pretended I was going to kill him and then God provided a lamb as a sacrifice.

Dr. Delashmit called me to his office the week after I told his story to my junior church. He said I must made the story too real as one of the kids told their parents I took out a knife and was going to kill the boy and then God provided a lamb to take his place. I had to go meet with the parents and explain that I used a pencil and I wasn’t killing anyone. I had the opportunity to tell the parents the story of Abraham & Isaac and share the gospel with them. They said I made the story become so real that their son when he was telling them made it sound like I took out a knife and was going to stab the boy but God stopped me.

After that I toned down my storytelling a bit as I didn’t want unhappy parents. I tried to still make the stories exciting but with a bit less violence.

Have you ever had an experience like that? I would love to hear about it.

36 years later I am still preaching with zeal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1