1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My faith is gone.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by gtonello, Mar 27, 2004.

1. gtonello

gtonello New Member

I hereby declare God dead to me. i have had enough of this so-called "christianity" and all it entails. God is constantly against me, and I have had enough trying to ask him to help me. the answer is always no, and in the worst ways.

Forget God. he is not the answer.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's an interesting statement you make. How can you say someone never existed if you knew them?

I am very disguested at what some Christians do. I have seen some lie, cheat and steal. Just read the Bible and you will see how many did the oppoiste of what God wanted. But that still does not mean that God never existed. We will see what we want. When we look at men we will see depravity. But when we stare God in the face we see something much different.

You say, "Forget God. he is not the answer."

You are headed down a road that you will not like. I am sure there are people who have decided to turn their backs on God and later regretted it. Take a look at what the world has to offer. It offers a life without hope and full of indulgence. Look at the hopeless person and see what they have. Look at the person without hope of eternal life and see where they are headed. Look at the person who seeks personal pleasure and see the hope they have. Read the book of Daniel. Read the book of Proverbs and see the kind of pleasure a person gets seeking pleasure alone. They end up on the very bottom. Take a look at the recent history of communism. Take a look a Saddam Hussein.

I would suggest that you start by changing churches. It makes an incredible difference. It is amazing how your life can change just by associating with the right people who will encourage you.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

3. russell55

russell55 New Member

So, all you wanted from God is exactly the sort of help you asked for? You thought He would be some sort of cosmic bell-hop?

Let me break something to you: You had no faith to lose. Real faith is faith that says, "Though He slay me, I will trust in Him." Real faith recognizes that God is not there to serve us, but that He is the absolute boss. He speaks and it is, and we accept it as right even when we don't understand how it is right.

I hope you will reconsider your statement to "Forget God", but that you will reconsider with a different idea of who God is, and a different idea of what He does for us.

We stand as sinners before Him, rightly condemned to Hell. He saves out of mercy those who have faith in Him. Those who have faith are not promised an easy sort of life. Actually, they are promised difficulty in this world, difficulty that works to make them more and more the sort of people they ought to be. Difficulty that causes them to seek more and more the one they have faith in, who does not necessarily help them out of difficulty, but helps them through it.

Will you have faith in this God, or will you reject Him because He doesn't suit your purposes, because He doesn't give you what you want?

[ March 27, 2004, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: russell55 ]

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So tell us exactly how God let you down? Did your husband leave you? Got a sick kid? Can't find a job? What has God done to you that you didn't cause in any way, shape or form.

If you became a 'christian' because you thought it was going to be easy, someone misled you.

So tell us.... what did God do to you?

Job was a just man. He had this to say... and the verse following that is only a tiny part of God's answer to him...

And GOD answered....
    Diane

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For obvious reasons (please see the Posting Rules if they are not all that obvious), I am closing this thread forthwith.