1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Family Could Use Your Prayers....

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Scarlett O., May 9, 2017.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll be 56 in September.

I knew this day was coming, but just not when. My mother and father own five acres out in the country. I live within walking distance of them. He will be 80 in July and CANNOT take care of five acres anymore. He is a nut about his yard and will mow, blow, weedeat, and more until he is down in the bed. He is plagued with arthritis and has a pacemaker. He mows in the summer sometimes three times a week.

He knows it's time. So does my mother.

I also have a mildly mentally handicapped brother who is 54. It's at the point that I take over his medical attention as far as filling prescriptions, doctor visits, and SSI related things.I really need to start slowly taking over all their medical responsibilities.

As I said, I knew this day would come and I do not resent it in the least. It's actually a relief.

My prayer request is this.

We are moving to a more central location nearer to hospitals, doctors, grocery stores, etc. Please prayer that we find the house that God would have for us ALL to move into. We've looked at several, but the one yesterday just might be a contender.

We want to follow the LORD in his leadership in the same way that the Hebrew people followed the Ark of the Covenant (God's Presence) over the Jordan River into the Promised Land. In Exodus, God specifically told them that "they were to follow the priests who carried the Ark over the Jordan because they had never been this way before."

Well, my family has never been this way before and don't want to make hasty decisions or self-centered ones.

My parents and brother - though with health problems - are in relatively great shape and we could have 10 to 15 more years of joy together if we could just seriously downsize our possessions, homes, and stress.

Just pray that we follow the LORD. He has blessed us beyond measure to this point and we are grateful to Him for it all.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scarlett, I'll be praying for you and your family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow - I almost thought you were another friend of mine except she bought that house and renovated it and has been living there for 2 years with her mom (dad passed away) and special needs brother! I do pray that you can find the home that would be perfect for you guys and that you can sell your parent's place for a good price. It is hard parenting our parents but the time comes and we just do it. ((HUGS))

• Like Like x 1