1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Father is Dying and I Need Guidance

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Steven Yeadon, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a family member, my dad, who is currently dying due to organ failure. I ask for prayers for their recovery and that we make good choices in all of this.

That said, while my dad says he has faith in Christ, his life has been pretty sinful and disobedient and I do not know what to do. I fear beyond all horror and terror, that any movie or video game could conjure up, that he is going to hell when he dies. I tried talking to him about this, but he hates the subject, our pastor believes him to be a Believer, and my dad has gotten irritated that I ever brought up the subject of repenting from all the sins he has done as a Christian and then choose to live a new life. I can now only talk to him about this subject when I'm angry at him, and so I have stopped my conversations on the subject.

What do I do?!?