1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Favorite Things

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Sep 4, 2008.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

Someone else compared Sarah Palin and Mary Poppins. Made me start thinking of the song, "My favorite things" (yes I know that's from Sound of Music not Mary Poppins, same Julie Andrews)

Of course I did not try to copy the entire speech. These quotes are from the ABC transcript which was taken from the notes given them BEFORE the speech was given. I would love to see an actual transcript to see where or if she strayed from the prepared text.

So for those of you who missed it or were unable to read it here are my favorite parts of Sarah the "Baracuda" Palin's awesome speech last night

General Comments:

Several commentators mentioned this but she has a great ability to smile and sound sweet while at the same time sticking a knife in the Democrats and twisting it.

On Obama:

I loved her shot at Harry Reid:

On the Media:

Of course one of her great strengths is on energy

As VP of course she has to support her president and she left no doubt that she supports McCain. Shoot, she made me like him again.

#1 North Carolina Tentmaker, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign"

"Terrorist states are seeking nuclear weapons without delay... he wants to meet them without preconditions. "

"Al-Qaeda terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America... he's worried that someone won't read them their rights?"

"In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change. They're the ones whose names appear on laws and landmark reforms, not just on buttons and banners, or on self-designed presidential seals. "

#2 Revmitchell, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008