1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My friend Janet, mother of 3 young children...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by webdog, Jul 22, 2010.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

A childhood friend of mine who is a believer is unfortunately going through something that I couldn't imagine. She has battled breast cancer on and off the past 4 - 5 years, and while on vacation last week she became dizzy fell and hit her head. An MRI showed a golf ball sized tumor on her brain surrounded by other tumors. They told her without surgery she has weeks to live, and with surgery (which she had this morning) she will have only months to live. She is 40 years old, her name is Janet and she has 3 young children. Please pray for her and her family during this time and that if it be God's will the doctors are wrong about her prognosis.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How sad. Cancer stinks in a really big way. I will be praying for Janet and her family.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm praying for Janet. I pray that she be miraculously healed for her sake and her children's sake, but mostly for the glory of God.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Dear Lord, we pray for this young mother who has cancer and we know that You are the Great Physician and we are pleading with Lord with tears falling down my cheeks that You will heal this precious mother. We also pray for this precious children at this time. Please help those who love this family so much! May You show grace and mercy to this family!
    We know that You can help them and we thank You!
    In the name of Jesus.
    AMEN:praying::1_grouphug:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks you for the prayers. She called her mother today and asked that she bring her robe to the hospital, she's ready to start walking! That in itself is amazing as she lost mobility in half her body in the fall.

Keep praying that God's glory will shine bright through this! I let her know that she has people from around the world on here praying for her!

6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Praying for your friend.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

She is in my prayers.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sad to report they will be removing Janet from life support tomorrow evening after being rushed to the ER Sunday with difficulty in breathing. She fought the good fight and remained faithful to the end and will have the joy of seeing our Savior face to face very soon!

Please pray for her 3 young children, husband, parents and siblings. Tomorrow is her husband's birthday to top it off.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh no!! How sad. I'll be praying for everyone.

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying::1_grouphug:

Dear Lord, Comfort to those who have lost whom they have loved so much. May You help them through this time. It is wonderful to know this is not our final home. In the name of Jesus. AMEN

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Janet met our Savior this evening at 7pm. Please pray for her husband and children.

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying::1_grouphug:
    Dear Heavenly Father, May You help this precious family at this difficult time in their lives. May they know that You are there for them. And Your children will be of a great help in carrying this load of sorrow with them. May You help them to carry on and serve You the rest of their lives. In the name of Jesus. AMEN

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I missed this! I am praying for her family. How terribly hard for everyone here, but I do rejoice that she is with Jesus.

14. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Praying for her family!