1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Name Is Written on HIs Palms....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 6, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please allow me to take you back to a time in your early days of life when you'd use the palms of your hands to scribble notes to yourself for the purpose of not forgetting important things. Things like personal "Cliff Notes" to help you on that Social Studies test in fourth period? Things like an important errand that your parents needed you to do, if you expected to get your allowance at the end of the week? Things like that cute dude or foxy lady you met during lunch break, but didn't have paper to jot their telephone number down in order to call them that night after school?

And perhaps some of you still use the palms of your hands to keep important notes, thoughts, or numbers close to your thoughts in order to prompt or remind you to do that something special. Possibly you scribble notes on your palms in order to remind you to call your sweetie or mother or dad, or best friend.

Whatever your rationale for writing on your palms both now and way back then, the fact that many of us use our palms to write things down in order to keep the things close to our daily actions is not that far out there.

In fact, I'll bet you either didn't know the verse I am about to share, or if you've read or heard it in a sermon, chances are you forgot about it, so I want to share it with you today, so that you will NEVER forget that there is someone who loves you so much that your very name is written on his hand.

In Isaiah 49:15-16 (MSG), we read, “Would a mother forget the infant at her breast, or, walk away from the baby she bore? If it happened that she did forget, I tell you that as your God, 'I'd never forget you—never.' Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands." This is one awesome promise. Our God loves us so much that He has inscribed, scribbled, our name on the palms of his hands! That verse/promise is as tremendous as the verses in Revelations where we are told that we can be assured that when the time comes we will be admitted to heaven because our names have be recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life! Our God says in Revelations 21:27 - "Only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will get in."

Now, I don't know about you, but those are two promises I don't ever want to forget. Those are two covenants that I am going to remind the devil of when he tries to get me to stray from the Narrow Path. Those vows, directly from a loving Father are the ones that we need to lay hold of when we, ourselves, begin to doubt who we are and where we are headed to. To realize, that not a day goes by in our life, or His, that our names are written on the palms of his hands is so comforting no matter how high the waves of those unexpected financial, physical, emotional, marital, mental or spiritual storms may be? We can rest assured, that our anchor will hold because our names our forever written in the Lamb's Book of Life [through our personal act of repentance and accepting Jesus as Savior] and on His hand.

Think about it? The very hand that guides you along that Narrow Path is the same hand who has my name, and yours inscribed upon it. We can't go wrong with that kind of spiritual information holding unto our hand in the good times and the bad.

Take a minute out of your busy, hectic FB day to listen to this song led by Don Moen. I believe it will solidify the teaching I just shared above.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1EdvUfaRY

Shalom, and "Hang tuff for Jesus...He hung tuff for you!"

2. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

Our names, our images are written on the palms of God the Father in the blood of God the Son.