1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Plans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by windcatcher, Nov 8, 2008.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I am concerned that the news media, the t.v. networks, the newspapers, etc gave no coverage to the third party candidates nor published the votes nor gave coverage to the choices available on the ballots .......
    that my plan is:

This week start calling the local newspaper in this area... to cancel my subscription... and I'll tell them why. Course it may take them a few minutes to realize I don't have a subscription..... but then I can say 'point made. .....nor do I intend to subscribe or renew... until they demonstrate a change in policy and coverage.'

The same goes for cable, dish, and the local stations that carry the major alphabet networks..... the only channels my rabbit ears pick up.

Come to think about it... When t.v. goes dig next year... I may do what some Pentacostal Friends have done and toss my set out.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think the problem is larger than the media. I think it's time to rid ourselves of this two party system and start treating each candidate equally. Notice you didn't see any 3rd parties at the debates? Why not? They were on the ballot.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

True...

Question is who barred the 3rd party candidates? Were they invited to the debates? As difficult and expensive as it is to get on the ballot, why was their candidacy not considered important and legitimate? Is it a matter of the party with the money for advertising dollars gets the attention of the news? And why did the news interviews repeatedly miss opportunities to ask the candidates more pointed questions?

When the values debate happened ..... Republicans showed. Democrats refused. What's with that? Don't values mean something to most of the voters? It may not be my values which are most popular... but why run from exposure?

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't you consider this to be a lie? I encourage you to complain about the coverage of 3rd party candidates. But I don't think you need to lie to make that point. E-mail might be a faster way to accomplish your "mission".

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You lost me here, can you explain?

Here's my thoughts, instead of giving the Dem and Rep candidates $85 Mil a piece for the general election, I think they entire $170 Mil should be equally divided amongst all party candidates.

But I appreciated the fact that Obama opted out of public finance, he saved the tax payers $85 Mil before he ever took office. Now will this lead to buying elections going forward? I don't know but it did show his supporters were seriously behind their candidate.