1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My Political Views.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's "stupid" to think a major reason we have criminal law is to protect those who cannot protect themselves?

What kind of company am I in? Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Samuel, David, Paul ["... for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing."] and the Almighty himself ["Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God
    He made man."].

With nobody of importance on earth.

So? A man sentenced to be hanged is alive at the end of a rope until he chokes to death. Likewise, a man in a prison cell is alive until he dies by any means. In both cases, his liberty was taken from him for the rest of his life, regardless of what kind of stimulant-- rope, chair, needle, nicotine-- might be applied.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's stupid to be talking about criminal law when it has nothing to do with the thread.

You're in the company of Pharaoh, and the Pharisees and the Saducees and the Jews and all those others whose eyes were blinded to understanding the full testimony of Scripture.

The OT Saints had GOD HIMSELF speaking to them and giving His command to kill when they righteously killed. And you brag about what the GOVERNMENT is allowed by God to do as though it makes it any less sinful than abortion and divorce.:Rolleyes

Just another very weak attempt to undo what the Bible says .

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is about Troy's political views. Does criminal law have nothing to do with them. He can answer for himself, of course, but he's said elsewhere he wants it to be a criminal offense to own a gun. Criminal law has PLENTY to do with this thread.

If God ain't lying to us, governing authorities are his representatives to execute (sic) his will, and they don't bear the sword in vain.

I will have to admit the methods of execution I mentioned did not include literally shedding man's blood by man's hand. But, if that part is too weak, we can go back to the axe man.

4. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am Pro-Life / Pro-Israel-Yisrael / Pro-USA Constitution / Pro-Christianity / Pro-Jesus ( Yeshua ) Christ!!

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crabtown, you are a Democrat and Democrats have a plank that supports a woman's right to choose, as has been quoted to you many times.

Pro-life you have never been because you have voted pro-choice and actions speak louder than words. Proof that you are not serious is further evidenced by your calling me a liar and other names, which you now say that you do in the name of Christ as a typical Baptist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether you and I like it or not, abortion is the law of the land. The Supreme Court has ruled so over and over. No politician, regardless of what they say in a campaign is going to change that. Therefore I have to look at other issues and I find I cannot vote for a politician who opposes helping feed, cloth and give medical care to people who are poor and in need.

Thus, people like you are not pro-life, just pro-birth and do not care a whit for people once they are born. This is directly in opposition to the teachings of Christ.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what you have just said--and I expect that you will call me another one of your pet names for people who disagree with you (you are so nice and so kind)--proves that you are not pro-life. In fact, at one time, although I am sure that you don't remember it, you once express the idea that the fetus, which is Latin for unborn child, was not alive and just sort of a blob of tissue.

My suggestion to you is that you get a moderator to assist you in this debate--tell them that you are a modern Baptist.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the SC has allowed certain exceptions ......

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My main point was that regardless of who is president the legality of abortions that are allowed will not change. Thus, I have to look at other issues in deciding who to vote for.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically you are absolutely correct. Just one of two ways. - a constitutional amendment - which is very unlikely or putting more conservatives on the court.

#30 Salty, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if it is legal that makes all the difference--now it is like Germany where everything that they did was legal because they had gotten the laws passed in the Reichstag so that they could improve their nation in sort of a survival of the fittest scientific advancement, as we have in this country, too, for Sanger recognized the problem of feeding, clothing and giving medical care to people who are poor and in need--a big expense and a lot of money wasted feeding useless mouths, no? I can see how the ultimate pro-life advocate in cyberspace would be someone who supported the American Reichstag law--it's not murder if it's legal and we are just following the law and there are other issues more important, yes, yes, all Baptists are pro-life if they say that they are, move on, there's nothing to see here, if you disagree you are a liar and not a Baptist.

#31 church mouse guy, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A most illogical rant.

There is a big difference between morality and legality. If you want to discuss morality, start another thread.

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reword your question. I do not understand what you are asking.

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is "helping feed, cloth and give medical care to people who are poor and in need" a legal issue or a moral issue?

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

17. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a moral issue. It can be a legal issue.
    It could also, IMHO,could well be legal issue.
    What do you think?

I think that does not really jive with what you had earlier said:

"There is a big difference between morality and legality. If you want to discuss morality, start another thread."

So is there a "big difference between morality and legality," or could an issue that is one also be the other?

18. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Devout Conservative Christian Republican in our Judeo-Christian Nation USA!!

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They can be both in a discussion. However, in the context of this discussion my comment holds. Abortion is legal in this country within the law. As it is legal then and will remain so the issue can have little influence on who I vote for. My vote will depend on other issues. Party affiliation means little to me. What is important is what does the candidate stand for and what do they oppose.

20. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why did you say "There is a big difference between morality and legality. If you want to discuss morality, start another thread?"