1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Supposed Hatred for Baptists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jul 23, 2010.

1. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

One subscriber sent a private message to the moderator, warning him that "adisciplinedlearner HATES Baptists!" This is totally false!

I strongly disagree with many of the doctrines and practices of Baptist churches, but I love Baptist people. On my job, I interact with Baptist people on a regular basis, and I have a great relationship with them. I even hired a Baptist family to do all of the maintenance work and landscaping at our apartment complex.

The moderator was lied to by this subscriber.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: "Some of my best friends are Baptists." :laugh:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what is your opinion of Calvinists? Just playing with you fella...lol

4. adisciplinedlearner

I was a very high five-point Calvinistic Baptist pastor and a staunch opponent of Arminianism, but I no longer subscribe to Calvinism.

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I have read through your posts and here is my impression.

You turned from your "fundamentalist" ways and have swung to an opposite extreme, but with the same spirit. It appears that you are a "fighting fundamentalist" still with different opinions.

May the Lord return you to a focus and singular devotion to Christ and study of God's Word.

6. adisciplinedlearner

No, I am not a fighting fundamentalist. This does not mean, however, that I no longer have any strong convictions. As far as I am concerned, others are perfectly free to follow their own convictions, and I will love them just the same. I believe in freedom of conscience and religious liberty for all.

7. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Titus 3

3For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

9But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

8. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

I have been accused of this myself. Seeing how I spend time each week in prayer and fellowship in a (primarily) Baptist prayer circle and have shared the opinions of some of the Baptists on this board as to me (1) being a supposed hater of Baptists and (2) that I'm not being a 'true Christian". Much laughter followed.

BTW, I'm sure the question will arise as to why I would pray and fellowship with Baptists since I am of the Catholic flavor. I have long prayed and fellowshipped with these wonderful Christians and will, God willing, continue to my dying day.

9. adisciplinedlearner

It takes a Catholic to show the love of Christ on this board? Shocking! May God bless you!

10. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

From my reading of his posts I would say his focus and devotion to Christ and the study of God's word is not lacking in the least.

Speaking of people with EXTREME opinions, have you taken a good look a yourself??

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is a good question Lori.
    Sometimes I will encounter Mormons who will come to my door. We will have a short conversation. Invariably, at the end they will say, "Can we pray with you."
    "No you cannot!" I can pray FOR you, but we cannot pray together to one God, you have a different God than I do. We cannot pray together. Your god is as foreign to me as the gods of the Hindus. You believe that Jesus Christ is a created being. I do not believe in your god.

I would not pray with Roman Catholics either. I would pray FOR them, not with them.

12. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The Tongue movement went from Penteocostal to Roman Catholic and Benny Hinn could fellowship with Roman Catholics who were devout Mariologists because they had tongues in common. Hence, tongues became the ground and basis for fellowship instead of truth, especially the truth of salvation.

You and Roman Catholics have a commonality in a "love" that excludes the truth of Jesus Christ in salvation and by Biblical definition that is really "hatred" for God.

13. adisciplinedlearner

Those human beings who know and love Christ love others as well. This is the badge of true Christian discipleship. It is Satanic for us to hate others, including those who make themselves our enemies.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You cannot be a disciple of Christ than, contrary to what you say:

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

15. adisciplinedlearner

The term "hate" is used differently in this verse than the way I used it.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So you want to play with words now?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im not shocked in the least....I've been living amongst them in the NE for over 54 Years.... did you think otherwise? Thats pretty sad if you thought that way I'm thinkin.

#17 Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So DHK, I guess we wont be seeing you at the Rosary Alter Society meeting tonight? LOL (Sarcasm People)

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You got that right. The only two masses that I went to in the last two years were the funerals of my parents.

20. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Would you claim Mother Teresa as a Christian and fellowship with her IF she were alive? She is epitomized as the embodiment of Christian love by most of Christendom, even though she was a devout Mariologist, claimed that devout members of non-Christian religions would be in heaven, taught a social gospel???