1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My take on Allen Keyes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by windcatcher, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Translation: I will continue to be rude and disrespectful until everyone else stops it first.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Lack of respect? Did you show respect to Bill Clinton when he was President? Based on your previous comments, in regards to Ron Paul, I have to doubt it. Have you shown respect to Ron Paul? No. All of that makes me wonder why you are preaching to everyone about respecting President Bush.

I have pointed you to Scriptures on this point which makes it very clear that your attitude and approach are unBiblical. Why don't you, as a Christian and pastor, obey Scripture?

==Why not respond to the facts? Your claims about Ron Paul and HR 748 have been clearly refuted. Why don't you, as a Christian and pastor, admit you were mistaken on these issues? You have made claims that are factually wrong.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What is rather hypocritical is your support and adoration of a President that calls himself conservative and you believe it.

What is hypocritical is your position on abortion. It ensures the continuation of the present status quo. You have no solutions, only criticism.

What is sad is that you do not have a clue as to how our government functions or any idea of how to carry on political discourse.

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I'd like to apologize for all the times I've expressed disrespect towards "prezzie." Also, for my perpetual fetish for lower case letters. :rolleyes:

#24 Ivon Denosovich, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Timmy, if I recall correctly someone, maybe in another thread, explained quite cogently why the next president of these United States, Ron Paul, voted against that particular bill. Perhaps you should find that post and attempt to deal with the issues presented in it.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is Timmy's same old, tired response. He knows an amendment to the Constitution will never pass. It has not passed with Republican Presidents, Congresses, and a conservative Supreme Court at various times since 1973.

Anyone with any common sense knows if you keep doing the same thing, you are going to get the same result. Applied to this situation, Timmy advocates a solution that will never happen, and is in fact, aiding a abetting the continued policy of unrestricted abortions on demand by his flawed thinking.

At least Ron Paul believes something different. A different outcome is possible. Lots of states (like mine) will outlaw it. Timmy, bet your liberal buddies in Fla. keep it legal. Anyway, at least at the state level, those states that did make it legal, the fight is much easier.

Say Timmy, post your high school grades from US History and Gov 101.

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Please don't continue this. You know you were not following the Biblical mandate on this.

==I pointed to more than one Scripture that talks about the importance of showing everyone respect. If Scripture is not enough for you then I don't know what else to day. In the spirit of Matthew 18:15-20 I am asking you to avoid showing disrespect to people in the future.

==So??? As I, and others, have pointed out that is only one possible (long shot) way to end abortion. You have ignored that fact and continued on your crusade against Dr. Paul.

==If you are waiting for a federal constitutional amendment to end abortion then you are waiting in vain. So I see no reason for Ron Paul, or anyone else, to support an idea that is DOE.

==As would I, given the chance. HR748, as I have clearly shown, was nothing but a permission slip for abortion. As a medical doctor, Ron Paul's position is that there is no reason to allow for a medical exception (which 748 allows). No minor should be allowed to get an abortion, regardless of what the parents say. Your support of HR748, which the Republicans never got to the President's desk, makes your criticism of Ron Paul seem sort of selective.

HR748 NOT a pro-life bill

#28 Martin, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

My take on Keyes is pretty simple. He's a professional presidential candidate. It's his bread and butter.