1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Testimony in The Kingdom of the Occult

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Marcia, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Some of you may know Walter Martin's The Kingdom of the Cults.

Walter Martin has gone on to be with the Lord, but his daughter, Jill Rische, compiled and updated some of his material on the occult and The Kingdom of the Occult came out in October, 2008 from Thomas Nelson Publishers.

I am posting this not just so people know about it, as this is a good resource, but because my testimony is published at the end of the chapter on Astrology, on p. 301!

It's pretty exciting to see my testimony in a book with Walter Martin's name on the cover!

Here's a link to info on the book:
    http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=1418516449

Also, my story is Chapter 10 in Thom Rainer's 2005 book, The Unexpected Journey, which tells the story of 12 people who came to Christ from different religions. (I did not write it; Dr. Rainer interviewed me in person and wrote it). This book is really interesting. It has stories of people coming to Christ from Buddhism, Unitarianism, Wicca, Mormonism, and others.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I was hoping for an encouraging word or two, but I guess that's too much to hope for here.

3. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Marcia, that is exciting! I certainly don't know what it would feel like to have anything published in a book, but I am certain that it would something that I would bevery proud of, congratulations. I hope that the Lord uses your testimony for His glory and uses it to pierce the hearts of the many that will read it because of this book.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Steven, thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words!

It is exciting. I am grateful the Lord is using my past this way - for Him.

Thanks again! :wavey:

5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Really cool. Thanks for sharing. I'll see if I can find either one at the local bookstore or at our church's bookstore.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Oops - made a mistake.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks!

You can get them on Amazon probably cheaper, unless you have a discount or coupon at the bookstores.

On Amazon, The Kingdom of the Occult new is just under $20, and The Unexpected Journey is $12.51.