1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My THREAD was Intercepted and Butchered....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....by a moderator in an attempt to, in his words, "Merge 4-5 similar threads into one post?" And his apology is not enough!

He wrote: thisnumbersdisconnected;ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE: - The attached poll is not submitted by the author of the thread. It was attached when I was trying to merge 4-5 threads on the same topic and cannot be reversed. Apologies to TND and RD2.

.... why or how my POLL ended up being merged with 4-5 other threads is of GREAT concern to me as a member of this Forum! The truth is, I am insensed about this! Not only do the moderators have the ability to move threads when deemed inappropraitely placed in on a certain page topic ... NOW THEY HAVE THE MAGICAL ABILITY - and unalienable power - TO TAKE ONE'S THOUGHTS AND IDEAS AND MERGE/MAKE IT PART OF THEIR OWN THREAD!

This board and its leadership is getting a little creepy to say the least; maybe even secret police like??? Not to leave the threads up, as intended and posted by the author, has shades of censorship that I, FOR ONE, do not appreciate!

To begin with, while I was given a nod for having something to do with the content, I want the board to know that the ONLY original part of the thread titled "NBA bans Sterling for life!" was the poll, which was exactly [word-for-word] as I intended it to be! My comments leading one to take the poll, were cut and TRASHED, and that is a shame, because it was important in making the poll something of interest to readers! This is more than likely why there is such a small turnout to the poll!

LET ME SAY THIS: Merging the contents of 4 or five threads into ONE super thread, is not the spirit of the forum. In fact, it makes me feel like I was personally violated ... like someone intercepted my letter from the Postal Service, and took the scissors to it; pasting it back together in a format that is unrecognizable to me!

This is not right, and I pray this is the last time a moderator is allowed to invade our private thoughts in order to turn them into THEIR idea! It just ain't right folks! And I pray the board, and its LEADERS take note and as a collective group of moderators, making rules to forbid future such practices in order to protect the autonomy of our private words and thoughts in the future!

If this cannibalism is not stopped in its early forms of practice, weventually, each and everyone of you will fall victim to this practice one way or another in the days ahead! We need to put a stop to the literary Shanghaing of our threads by moderators. This is still America , at least I am told it is! :type:

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I will leave this rant up so the poster gets to make his point. But this is not a current events discussion topic and the thread is closed.

#2 NaasPreacher (C4K), May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.