1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My website: feedback

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by shodan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

First, I have a couple essays I would like to put there...How? Do I have to re-type them in a word document? or is there a way to do it scanning them?

My 'daughter' put up the website and just re-designed it. [and this is a long distance process...she is in europe] I don't have a clue about these. Any feedback, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated.

mikesnow.org

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, we have something in common :tonofbricks:

Salty

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can scan it then use the OCR software to recognize the text. You will have to edit it to clear up what the OCR software goofed. Then you will need to save it as .html. The new Word will save it in .html but Open Office will not I don't think. Word Perfect also does it.

You could also just scan it and save as a .jpeg picture file and upload it but this is not very practical for some browsers that people use.

After you have the document you probably should email it to your daughter and have her upload it.

In fact she might be able to change the text/doc file to .html for you.

Most scanners come with the OCR software, just snoop the help file and it should tell you how to use it.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huhhh? :confused: :confused: :sleep:

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what didn't you understand? :laugh:

Easiest, send her the documents by snail mail.

Less easy, scan the documents and email her the files as .jpeg format pictures.

Lots less easier, scan and recognize the text with OCR (optical character recognition) to get it into a digital (Computer) format and edit the mistakes the OCR software made.

Lots and lots less easier, send the documents to me and I will take care of getting them into digital format and email them to your daughter.

Really lots and lots and lots less easier, type it in the old fashioned way and give yourself finger cramps and send your daughter the files. :laugh:

The very easiest way is for a non techie not to have a website. :wavey:

Be glad to assist or shutup as the case may be.

6. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you for the info...that's what I needed to know...