1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY LOAD IS LIGHT.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY LOAD IS LIGHT.​

Matthew 11.28-30
    What Jesus Christ meant when He said, "Come to Me all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
    Most likely He meant all those who are consumed by earthly worries and everyday chores, and Jesus called them to stop for a moment their vanity and take a look at Him, on His Principals and Ideals of His life, and be like Him, not to worry too much about earthly life, but to worry about how to enter everlasting life in His Kingdom.

Our everyday worries and material obsession is temporary, but His Kingdom and His rest are eternal and have no worries. So, we should put our worries and our works on the second plan, and concentrate on His life, His deeds, and His Kingdom, because His Heavenly Kingdom will be the final resting place and our permanent home.

"Take My yoke upon you."
    What kind of yoke He has? His yoke was His life on Earth with all its tribulations and suffering, because He lived His life according to will of His Father and His Laws, and not according to earthly traditions and customs.

Jesus also described Himself as: "I am gentle and humble in heart."
    Means that He is very humble and submissive to His Father, to His Laws, and even to human beings, and have mercy, love, and compassion to all who deserve it.

Jesus also said: "learn from Me."
    Means learning from Him to be humble and gentle like Him, learn His ways of love, mercy, and compassion. As it written in the Old Testament: "I desire Mercy and not Sacrifice."

And as result of all of these teachings: "and you shall find rest for your souls."
    This is Reward for following Christ in full meaning of His words. Indeed, less a human owns the lighter the load, less worries about possession and wealth, and more rest for soul.

Those who are humble, gentle, and simple in heart, do not pursue enrichment and greed, but satisfied with whatever GOD blessed them, always look forward to everlasting life, in satisfaction and rest for their souls from all earthly vanity, temptations, and troubles of everyday life.

"My yoke is easy and My load is light." (Verse 30).
    Here Jesus Christ declared that His yoke is easy, and His load is light, despite the fact that He left His home, His parents, His brothers, His sisters, and went on His difficult mission and left the comfort of home behind.

He traveled a lot, sweating from the heat and shivered from the cold of night, tired and weary, hungry and thirsty, He has no roof under His head, no money to buy anything, and without possessions.

He constantly was ridiculed and persecuted by those who hate Him, and sometimes He have to run for His life.

No trusty friends, no one to rely upon, and no one who understand Him was near Him. He was alone in this world, and no one care for Him.

Is His yoke being easy and His load is really light? Yes, actually it is! Because if a person possessed by the Holy Spirit of the Lord, the yoke of Christ and His load would be light and tolerable for all those who has the Holy Spirit in their soul.

With the Holy Spirit everything is possible, and hardness would become lightness, and misery would become happiness, and discomfort would become comfort, and fear would become fearlessness, and so on.

We can see it in the Apostles of Christ when they received the Holy Spirit from the Lord and also in all holy men of GOD and in His prophets who carried the yoke and load of Jesus Christ. They are all proof to these words of Christ.

2. unprofitable

unprofitable Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Christ spoke, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light" he was speaking of the New Covenant of the Kingdom of God.
    HIs yoke is easy in that he had already provided his saints with HIS own faith. "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but to suffer for his sake." (Phil 1:29).

We no longer bear the burden of the captivity of the law of sin and death but having Christ as the "author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2)

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

To learn of Christ is also related to his words, ordinances, and commandments of the New Covenant. Christ says in John 15:15, "...for all things I have heard of my Father, I have made known unto you." Christ teaching the body of Christ, the kingdom of God. (Eph 3:10)

He warned his disciples concerning the scribes and Pharisees perverting the Old Covenant when in Mattew 23:4 he says, "For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be born; and lay them on men's shoulders, but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers."

Burdens are lifted at Calvary.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    His “yoke” is a yoke of slavery. You are slaves to Christ or you are slaves to sin.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. unprofitable

unprofitable Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist