1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Myths About Defense Spending

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jul 14, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't believe that the gospel speaks to what nations should do with the possible exception of Israel in the end times. The gospel does speak to individuals. It's up to every individual to make their own decision whether to go to war or not. Serving as a noncombatant is one option. If you think it takes guts to be in a war zone with a weapon, imagine how it feels to be there without one. I tremendously respect those who because of their faith chose to do this.

The one thing I've never found is Jesus supporting war. Oh He supported soldiers. He also supported all other kinds of people including prostitutes and tax collectors. Jesus was and is a peace loving man. Please don't tell me about His second coming when He will return in power and glory. That's just not the same as advocating a war between Israel and Rome (in His day). In fact that's what He said that He did NOT come to do.