1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

N Korea test nuke did 'work'

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by El_Guero, Oct 16, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

N Korea test nuke did 'work'.

CNN is confirming reports that the nuclear test did produce nuclear debris.

Welcome a rogue state into the nuclear club :wavey: .

:BangHead:

2. ZeroTX

ZeroTX Member
    Site Supporter

Let's hope they understand the concept of mutually assured destruction, thus keeping a continued "peace" between North Korea and the civilized world, who could melt North Korea into a fine dust without even using 1/1000th of our nuclear weapon resources (U.S., Russia, UK, Israel, ???).

If you want a real scare, look into how many major nukes Russia and the former Soviet nations have and who's in control of them (if anyone). :BangHead:

Even scarier than that, get a book called the Tainted Desert, which is about nuclear waste in the U.S. Our government has a difficult time with this stuff, and they're pretty well organized.... Russia has even more of this waste. It is arguably more dangerous than the weapons themselves due to accidental contamination or leaks, and in 10,000 years it will still have 1/2 of its current radioactivity.

-Michael

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

yep . . .

But, the other forms of fear you presented do not have a mad man at the controls . . .

And that mad man is one mad man.

IMHO

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the mad man is both "mad" and mad.

5. Inadequate in Myself

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you all see where he has apologized for the test (various news agencies reporting it)? Seems like a delay tactic to me.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I don't think it's a delay tactic. I think it's China stepping in and explaining to them what will happen if they continue.

China is a big supplier to NK so I am sure they don't want to rock that boat too much.

7. Inadequate in Myself

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doubt that he is backing down due to China, but I believe he is also buying time so that they can "perfect" both the missile system and the nuclear capabilities. When they do, I am not certain even China will be able to contain this mad man.