1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured N.M. Baptists stand with Houston pastors

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I think I understand your position. You've made it very clear that you think this is a bad thing. But why? These pastors don't have anything to hide, but for those who hate what they stand for, they sure look like it. Besides this case is set to go to trial in January and if discovery isn't completed it won't. If the case doesn't go to trial, the status quo remains and the city wins. I know they don't want that.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not about hiding anything. You don't start trying to intimidate pastors from preaching on anything. That is what this is about regardless of what they claim. These pastors are not even part of the lawsuit.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Revmitchell, is it your stance that all sermons should be except from subpoenas?

4. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

What is the intimidation? Where are the threats? Has anyone told them to stop preaching on certain topics? Has anyone even said they wish they would refrain from preaching on certain topics? This is nothing but wild paranoia.

If they are witnesses, it doesn't matter if they are parties to the lawsuit. If you are standing on a street corner and witness an accident in the intersection, you will be subpoenaed as a witness even though you are not a party to the suit. These pastors were instrumental in securing a large number of the signatures on the petition. Since the validity of the signatures is the issue here, they are witnesses.