1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

N.M. governor acknowledges he wasn't drafted by pro baseball team

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by bb_baptist, Nov 24, 2005.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. --Gov. Bill Richardson is coming clean on his draft record -- the baseball draft, that is, admitting that his claim to have been a pick of the Kansas City A's in 1966 was untrue.

For nearly four decades, Richardson, often mentioned as a possible Democratic presidential candidate, has maintained he was drafted by the Kansas City Athletics.

The claim was included in a brief biography released when Richardson successfully ran for Congress in 1982. A White House news release in 1997 mentioned it when he was about to be named U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. And several news organizations, including The Associated Press, have reported it as fact over the years.

Link to article

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Well he seems to be building the credentials necessary for a run with the Dems.

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You are almost correct... That real quote should have been:

"He seems to be building the credentials necessary for run for anything in Politics."

The Dems don't have the corner on lying.. The Reps lie just as much.

It's sad, but it's Politics.

Jamie

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on the story it doesn't appear that the governor lied.

5. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I have observed Richardson for a Year or so now as a citizent of NM and he is a slick as Clintion ever dared to be. He was almost stopped by the state troopers going 100 miles an hour on the interstate, until they saw the NM1 license plate. We got a tax refund from the state because of increased gas and oil revenues, and he was opposed to it. But now his smiling face is in an AD telling everyone about the tax credit they will get. He used state money to do an advertisment about identity theft. But get this, you are in a resaurant and everyone is wearing mask with his face. Smart way to increas facial recognition. He also personally appears in anti DWI advertisments, for the same purpose I presume. He has out he prerequsite bio book everyone puts out prior to a presidential run, and in it he relates a verbal showdown with Saddam, that sounds like horne tooting to me. Like Hilery, he is not even a native of this state. He grew up in the north and in mexico city. His mom is mexican. I predict a hilery, Richardson ticket.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Either he lied or was misled. Having been an athlete courted by scouts, I can tell you they don't mince words. However, anything is possible.

What I'm wondering is this: why did this take over 20 years to unearth?

7. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

"He seems to be building the credentials necessary for run for anything in Politics."

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well actually , my version was closer to correct.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

He seems to have as much smarts as anyone in either party.

9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well actually , my version was closer to correct.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Your Opinion... God don't like lying no matter who it comes from, Dems or Reps. [​IMG]

Jamie

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I wonder how many people have died because of Richardson's lies?

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why would you wonder that? How is that relevant?

This story is such a load of nonsense it should have never been "uncovered." It is completely irrelevant. Bill Richardson has enough real problems.

12. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Pastor Larry, Terry is trying to compare Richardson's Lies to Bush's lies, who she thinks lied us into war.

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Terry is a he I believe, though I could be wrong. But I would like to think better of Terry than that. In spite of his distaste for Bush, he knows very well that Bush didn't lie about the war. Terry is too smart for that, though he sometimes doesn't want to let on around here.

14. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Of course Bush lied about the war. That's obvious.

15. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Now there is a strong reccommendation.

16. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No he didn't. Everyone who has looked at the actual facts knows that he didn't lie. There were varying opinions about the weight of hte intelligence, but everyone agreed about what the intelligence said. Why is it, that four years later, we still have people who don't understand this? Are you really that desparate?

Bush has done plenty of stupid stuff that is clearly wrong. The war may well have been misguided and unnecessary. But it didn't start with a lie.