1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

N00b

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sethro, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Sethro

Sethro New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello brethren. I just made an account a bit ago and look forward to possibly participating in edifying conversations. I am a mid-thirties, married, father of 7 (8 in July). I am a member of a local church that holds to the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. I do hold to the Doctrines of Grace, but I have no desire to be combative. I very much dislike the term "Calvinist", even though that's what I am. I am no longer in the "cage-stage". :Biggrin

I was a long-time "American Christian" that was "saved" several times as a child, then fell away when it wasn't what the cool kids were doing anymore. I believe I was about 30 years old when the Lord finally gave me eyes to see the wickedness of my sin and gave me the gift of repentance. We had been doing some church-hopping before this. When God saved me, I had a strong desire to find a church where the preacher actually used a Bible during the sermon. We found a local independent, fundamental, KJV-only church with about 15 people. We fell in love with it, but not long after the Lord started showing me things in scripture about God's sovereignty that conflicted with what was being preached. Plus, the terrible arguments from the KJV-only crowd made me want to throw away all my KJV's (even though I am KJV-preferred now). After some tense discussions with my wife, who loved this church but was willing to follow my lead, we left and began attending the church we are currently members of. Within the last few months, we were both baptized in front of our children and voted in as members. Praise God for his grace and patience towards us!

I look forward to participating and getting to know everyone.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sethro

Sethro New Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I said I'd be a father of 8 in July, but it's actually May. After the last two kids I've begun to get mixed up on who's birthday is coming up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    8 kids, guess you won’t be posting much! lol

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Sethro, welcome to the Baptist Board. I hope you find it a blessing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome aboard sir!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sethro

Sethro New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I currently have a desk job that gets slow sometimes. At home, though, probably won't be posting much.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB.

• Like Like x 1
  8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    W E L C O M E ! !

Nothing wrong with PREFERRING the KJV, although the KJVO MYTH is phony as a Ford Corvette.