1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nabal...any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mike McK, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

On another message board, I posted some comments about Nabal (the "Curly Joe" DeRita of Bible charaters). As I always try to do, I took a few minutes to look up in God's word to make sure I had my facts straight.

I went to the account between Nabal and David and his men in 1 Sam, but other than a "just-the-facts,-ma'am" telling of the story, there wasn't much there.

What do we know about Nabal.

My post on the other board doesn't depend on this. Just that looking it up got my curiousity up.

2. whatever

whatever New Member

Well, he was "harsh and badly behaved", and he was "such a worthless man that one cannot speak to him", and even his poor wife saw that he was aptly named (he definitely maried up) and her opinion was that he was "worthless".

In other words, it sounds like he would fit in well around here.

Is that what you were looking for?

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:eek: :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ed [​IMG]

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Well, that's a good start.

By the way, for those who don't know, Nabal's name means, literally, The Fool.

It's the same word for fool that the Bible uses when it says, "The fool says in his heart 'there is no God'".