1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nag Nag Nag

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 21, 2003.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm not sure why your so upset over 'some' husbands. We get preaching all the time abut men and their families, especially his relationship with his wife, and like wise we get sermons on wives too. Of course I don't know of any family like you describe, the type where she is a rug under his feet. Prephaps women are concerened about being the best wife they can be and thats why there are so many books and discussions about it. Men don't tend to talk about personal things like love and how they feel about their wives, women just jump right in there. There are plent y of books on men'd rolls in a marriage, my husband just read (and I can't remember the name, maybe one of the ladies who saw me write about might rememebr it) but it was about his wife's needs,and prayer needs,and how to pray for his wife. There are plenty of christian marriage books that aim at helping each spouse to a biblical spouse. I am thinking you might not be looking in the right direction and as a result aren't seeing them. If your church isn't teaching husbands and wives the biblical roles and how to fulfill them I'd ask why, work to get s program started if it's that heavey on your heart. Most of the husbands I know who are christian are already fullfilling the bible roles as husbands, and the ones who are not are not lacking in loving thier wives. Why don't you start a thread on this topic and see what the men here say.
    In WS's post she sounds as if she's affraid he might be violent, or could be, or someone's huband, but why she'd be talking about someone elses husband I don't know.
    Elnora wrote
    WS posted
    hummm, rather talk a walk on a freeway, sounds dangerous, but preferable to that husband's(whether hers or not) reactions.
    Dying would be better then being around him.

Well, I don't know, but this sounds like fear to me. Or at least if this were my husband I'd be affraid, especially if dying is preferable.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I guess you can only try and help some people.

3. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Again it wasn't about being upset. And we should be concerned about all members of the body of Christ. Not just how things are going in our own world. Every member is valuable. Weather hurting or not. I said there isn't much teaching any where to the men. Including here. The Christian divorce rate is a good indicator to me that there is a problem not being addressed. Maybe your church teaches men. All is well. But obviously according to the Christian divorce rate in America not just your town or mine, all is not rosy in Christiandom despite your personal experience. It bothers me of course, I can't believe it doesn't bother you.

4. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Oh. I didn't have to start another thread I found one relating to this subject and ask a man to expound a little. Hopefully it will go somewhere.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Donna: I think the book was "The Power of a Praying Husband".

And you are right. We are to respect our husbands whether they are acting Christlike or not.

Maybe if more women did that there would be more husbands that DID act Christlike.

6. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

As you may or may not have noticed...I've only posted a couple of times in the last few weeks. Imagine my surprise when browsing the B.B. today and seeing other people talking about me on this thread. I'm really surprised at what is being said.

My post was meant to be extremely flippant. I'm not afraid of my husband. I'm sorry if my failed attempt at being humorous was taken seriously. I guess I should have been very liberal with emoticons.

I was just saying that He is not the hen peckable type. And, I respect that. He doesn't need another mother, he has one already. Plus he was single until he was 32 when He married me. He needs me for somethings, but telling him what to do isn't one of them.

I've said this before, but it's been awhile. Respect isn't something I dole out for no reason. My husband has my respect...and if I feared him, I wouldn't be married to him.

Anyway...thanks for your concern. But it's not necessary. ;)

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amen! No wife should fear her husband, and no husband should put his wife in a position where she fears him. Same goes the other way around.

Shhhh!!!! Don't let the secret get out!!! I've unfortunately met many women who don't want a man who wants another mother, but the women try to be mothers anyway.

Amen! Respect is earned.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The respect the Bible is refering to is how we are to treat our husbands, act toward our husbands and not something they have to earn. Polite words, consideration and appreciation are all signs of respect.

If we tell a child how bad they are... they'll live up to your expectations. If we tell our husband's how much we appreciate the little things, they'll do even more, talk to us more, show more respect and love toward us!

Men are wonderful creatures!

Diane

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Diane! Good words to end this discussion on.

Think it's run the course and we don't want it to degenerate into hurt.